1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Hawk Down

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Lex, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just read this at Digital Bits:

"As announced last week, Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment is releasing Black Hawk Down on DVD and videocassette on June 11. In addition, CTHE and director Ridley Scott are in the process of creating a special-edition DVD of the critically acclaimed film. In addition to the film itself and a behind-the scenes documentary, both of which are included on the June 11 DVD, this new special edition of Black Hawk Down will feature a wide range of added-value elements, including a feature-length commentary by Mr. Scott and other behind-the-scenes material that bring new insight into this important film. The release date for the special-edition DVD of Black Hawk Down will be announced in the future."

:rolleyes: Another multiple release!

Spec ed sounds worth waiting for though!

2. Plastikman

Plastikman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading this book I can't wait to see the film!

But I must say i'm a bit disapointed to read that this is going to be released twice (Firstly on June 11th and a Special Edition to be released later!!). Why can't they get their fingers out their bottoms and just have one special edition release ready on time?

This is starting to get really frustrating. Now i'm going to have to wait longer for this film just to get the Special Edition. Will this ever stop or are we going to eventually get "The Ultimate All Time Greatest Ever Special Limted Bootleg Edition Ever" of a film on DVD

:mad:

3. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think the reason for it this time is that the movie was Rushed foward about 6 months to benefit from 'save the alamo' emotions running through the US post september 11th.

I guess because of the the 'Special Edt DVD' is the one they had intended to release all along and the 'regular DVD' is the bare movie released approx 6 months after theatrical release whilst awareness of the movie is still running high.

Not sure if I made that point clearly or not but then i dont think clearly anyway.... :rolleyes:

4. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I usually complain about multiple releases but unless the so called spec' ed is longer then at least people can opt for the more film alone priced version. Some of these multi's rip the film apart with,

"This is how we chose to open the door".
    "What, you did it with the handle?"
    "After much debate yes, you see?".
    "How far reaching, I'm sure we'll all agree".

type of over do it and then go on about how wonderful we all are.
    We'll see.

5. Madskilzz

Madskilzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I am disapponinted there is no DTS soundtrack on the June 11th release. Hoping they may include this on the special edition. :(

The film has got all the ingredients to be an excellent DVD. Great visuals and the intense gun battles will work every speaker. Dolby Digital do not let us down....please.

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    douglas quaid had some interesting comments on the film a few months ago.

I tend to agree with much of his view of the world although not always the way that he puts it over.