Black Hawk Down (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 20/02/2017

Steelbook Finish – Matte Varnish, Creative White Base with Spot Gloss UV on front Helicopter and Spot Gloss UV on back Soldier & x 3 Helicopters, Deboss title

bhd-jpg.804382

Steelbook Special Features:
  • Commentary By Director/Producer Ridley Scott & Producer Jerry Bruckheimer
  • Commentary By Task Force Ranger Veterans
  • Commentary By Author Mark Bowden & Screenwriter Ken Nolan
  • The Essence of Combat: Making of Black Hawk Down Documentary (2 hours 20 minutes)

Attachments

• BHD.jpg
    BHD.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 684
  • BHD (open).jpg
    BHD (open).jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 130
  • BHD (inside).JPG
    BHD (inside).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Would have to be something special to tempt me away from the original, really good artwork on that one.

Would have to be something special to tempt me away from the original, really good artwork on that one.
I have the original but Im going to get this one. I never realized they could make steel invisible.:rolleyes:
bhd.jpg

I haven't got the original so will be getting this so I can keep my kimchi sealed

Artwork added to OP.

Pretty good tbf and treatment is sounding good too!
Steelbook Finish – Matte Varnish, Creative White Base with Spot Gloss UV on front Helicopter and Spot Gloss UV on back Soldier & x 3 Helicopters, Deboss title

Ill stick with what I got unless the transfer is better?
Haven't heard about any new remaster for this so got to be same disc you'd think. I think the original is still best in artwork/colour terms, a very nice steelbook and I'd rather not get rid of it. Just hoping I don't get swayed by in hand pics of this one, as a debossed title and spot gloss front and back sounds good damn it! :D

Not interested in this...

1) I have the original

2) if that artwork is accurate, then its a complete mess up... Tail rotor is on the wrong side of the structure so they've mirror imaged on printing :( :(

Pics from FA:
bhd-fa-jpg.819574

bhd-fa-2-jpg.819575

bhd-fa-4-jpg.819577

bhd-fa-3-jpg.819576

Attachments

• BHD-FA.jpg
    BHD-FA.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 286
  • BHD-FA (2).jpg
    BHD-FA (2).jpg
    317 KB · Views: 259
  • BHD-FA (3).jpg
    BHD-FA (3).jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 277
  • BHD-FA (4).jpg
    BHD-FA (4).jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 256
  • BHD-FA (5).jpg
    BHD-FA (5).jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 85
  • BHD-FA (6).jpg
    BHD-FA (6).jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 94
  • BHD-FA (7).jpg
    BHD-FA (7).jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 72
Quite disappointed with this. Not as striking in-hand as it looks on the pictures and its quite... flat. Colour is actually quite dull. Detail on the artwork isn't the best. Wish I'd waited awhile for a price reduction on this one. I won't bother posting pictures as my phone is from the Stone Age.

I haven't unwrapped my copy yet though so maybe it brightens up outside of the cellophane but can't see it personally.

Edit: Decided on a photo upload after all
image.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom