Black Hawk Down Region 1

pete18

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

is any one like me a bit dissapointed with the region1 release of black hawk down for special features.
The region 2 version out end of september will have 2 discs and loads of special features
i was always told that region 1 was always better than 2

:(

Originally posted by pete18
i was always told that region 1 was always better than 2

:(

Normally Region 1 releases do have more features than Region 2 but not always.

It is not always the same company that has the rights to a film in USA and Europe and the different companies can produce completely different DVDs

hi ian
do you think i should get rid of my region 1 version to someone
and get the region 2 version when it is out

It depends on how much you want the extra features. I rarely bother with any of the features so tend to buy Region 1 as they come out sooner.

Yeah, afraid I have to agree there, I find the extra's of mild interest, the film itself is what its all about. Frankly, I thought BHD was the business.

maybe it's the beer talking but I find the moniker "Dick Scratcher - Itchy Member" highly amusing..ps. nice jd picture - take sme back I used to have that on a t- shirt in the early 80's....awrabest

berth:)

There will be a region one special edition released later this year with more features etc. :rolleyes:

and DTS sound..:)
and I agree..I also thought it was a great movie..:)

Keep an eye on sites like dvdcompare for region comparisons of potential purchases.

Just today i checked out the Rock (been looking forward to getting the Criterion edition for DTS and cut scenes) and it just so happens that ALL the cuts have been waived for the UK release of The Rock CE, and it has a DTS soundtrack that isn't mentioned on the sleeve.

Bought the disk and damn if they're not right. No DTS mentioned ANYWHERE until you load the disk up, and there it is. Oh, and all the pansy BBFC cuts have disappeared too!

Wouldn't have known any of this if not for dvdcompare. Nice site guys, keep it up!

:D

The R1 special edition due later this year will be a 3 disc special edition with dts surround sound & loads of extras.

Denonman

Where did you get your info on the reg. 1 specs for BHD? Although the DD soundtrack is supposed to be one of the best, It has never been confirmed if any of the special edition releases will include a DTS.

:confused:

I got the Region 1 BHD from DvdSoon and thought it
was very good. I thought it so realistic it felt like you
were a war correspondent actually there at the scene.
It didn't have the plastic feel of Pearl Harbour but a
very gritty feel to it and the movie just flowed along
seamlessly, so natural, so Real!!
Most people use Saving Private Ryan or Enemy at The
Gates as yardsticks for realism in war movies,that's
fine,not a bad idea!! What makes Black Hawk Down
so even more realistic is that it has a lot of very ordinary
guys playing the character roles ie no superstar actors,
who although brilliant actors, tend to take one's eye
away from the plot. BHD Does the opposite!!
I'm not saying that BHD is better than SPR,EATG or PH
but it does deserve a place in the same class that's for
sure!!! This is a very good movie!!! It moves fast ok!!
So much is crammed into this movie it feels like it's 4hrs
long!! It's a tale of great endurance and bravery and
you can feel the tension as you watch it!!

loz99

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom