Black Glass Table Very Cheap

shaduf

I am looking for a glass stand large enough to take the 50” Samsung SP50L6 TV and get rid of that ugly wooden one. There aren’t many tables that size and particularly as we want a Black Glass version.
As someone else said on this forum the clear glass tables show all the cables etc.

Some years ago I discovered that it is the easiest thing in the world to paint glass black. Just ordinary gloss paint either sprayed or brushed on the underside comes out perfect from the top. No matter how you brush it on no brush marks will show when you turn it over and as long as you don’t miss any bits it will be perfect. I’ve just tried it again on a glass coffee table top and a cheap table now looks very classy.
It’s even scratchproof as the paint is underneath. Try it on a piece of scrap glass first – you will be amazed.

Don't forget - must be done on the underside and don't use undercoat!. Masking tape needed on the edges.

You can also do wonderful things with light but that's another story.

Shaduf

Looks as if the ebuyer £49.99 clear glass table will be a good buy after the above treatment.

mickrick

Banned
shaduf said:
Some years ago I discovered that it is the easiest thing in the world to paint glass black. Just ordinary gloss paint either sprayed or brushed on the underside comes out perfect from the top. No matter how you brush it on no brush marks will show when you turn it over and as long as you don’t miss any bits it will be perfect. I’ve just tried it again on a glass coffee table top and a cheap table now looks very classy.

It looks like this is the option I'm going to have to go for. I was going to go for this clear 4 tier stand but we were in Currys at the weekend and they had our LE40R73BD Samsung 40" lcd on display sitting on a piano black glass and chrome stand. Now she wants a black stand but an ordinary 2 tier stand is too low and wide. So we need an av rack-style stand only in black and at a decent price. And of course, we can't find one. Alphason and Optimum do a couple of nice stands, d-shaped and kidney-shaped, but they're out of our price range.

af_1_b.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom