Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Black fuzz moving across screen on an av blue.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Blob, Aug 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Blob

Blob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had my Philips 17" lcd tv for about half a year now and i have always had this issue with it.

It is plugged into a freeview box and when I go on to the digital teletext with a av blue background I get this slight, but noticible black fuzz going horizontally across the screen.

Is this to do with my connction or what?

thanks

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    That sounds like a SCART problem, one of many associated with this nasty little video connector. The problem stems from it being bidirectional, I think. What's happening is that the analog TV tuner signal is leaking in to your video input signals.

You've basically got two options, one buy a more expensive cable. Or two, open up one end of the SCART cable and cut the one that's letting the TV tuner pictures in. I'm not exactly sure what cable it is, maybe a SCART expert can tell you. Off the top of my head, I think it's #19.

3. Woods C18

Woods C18
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem with my sky digibox. Try these things:-

Plug the digibox into scart socket 2 (you will loose RGB pic, but you may have less or no interfearence)

Switch from RGB out to PAL on freeview box. (Same thing really, just a different technique)

I think these things may solve your problem, give it a try and see what you think.

4. Blob

Blob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys,

I've rearraged my stuff so the arial wires are away from the scart and problem solved :clap:

Thanks again. :thumbsup: