Black Friday thread / target prices

snelly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I continue to read this forum and am biding my time to make a TV purchase. It really is on of the gems of avforums.

Dodge makes it *extremely* clear that buying a current TV before Black Friday means you will be overpaying. Given that, does anyone create a Black Friday thread (I realise this might be impractical due to stock levels and speed that things sell out) or a target price thread? So if I am considering for example, a QE65Q95T an indication that people generally consider that the TV is good value at that price based on best prices for prev. models and comparable models.

Thanks
Tim

I personally feel like it's hard to gauge but it's worth the wait, last year I picked up an LG 65C9 for £1679 which still looks like good value a year on. I did have have to wait 3 weeks for delivery but it was worth it in the end.

I just think you've got to give yourself a price that you're happy to pay.

There’s a similar sort of thread here

I noticed last year that a few tvs that was advertised a week or so before went back up by the Friday or were then oos, so if you you see a great deal don't wait to long

Retailers like Peter Tyson are promising to refund the difference if the price of the product falls further during Black Friday.

Richer Sounds will do the same as long as within 14 days and JL do their 28 day price match

Richer Sounds will do the same as long as within 14 days and JL do their 28 day price match
Yes, that's why I ordered my Sony 75-inch XH90 from Richer Sounds, being delivered on Wednesday.

Just wondering, did you go into the store to order the Sony or order it online?
I ordered it in-store on 31st October and requested delivery for this week. I wanted to support purchases in-store so they have a business case to stay open but was aware of the impending lockdown. Hence ordered early.

Just wondering, did you go into the store to order the Sony or order it online?
I ordered a much more modest TV from RS last week using their telesales line as I wanted to check on being able to get a refund if the price goes down for BF and to ask for a price match vs Curry’s, a £20 difference. Not possible but helpful John did knock a tenner off. It was very simple just to call!
It was due to be delivered tomorrow but actually came on Sunday as DPD needed to clear some space in the depot!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom