Black DVD Player with HDMI output and DivX Playback via USB

pburke90

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, I'm looking for a black DVD player that has HDMI connection and will let me playback .avi files that I have on a memory stick, just plug them in and watch away. Any recommendations guys and gals? Thanks! :thumbsup:

Toshiba SD580
ONKYO DVSP406

Thanks for those so far. Are there any available in say, Argos or somewhere, I would like to pick one of these up tonight after work. Argos is the only electrical 'retailer' close to me that I could get it from unless I plan a weekend trip to Currys!

Unfortunatly, there are no Richer Sounds stores near me, so purchasing from there is out. It's also out of stock for online order, which doesn't help anyway as I was looking to get a hold of a player today. Thanks anyway.

try the SONY DVPNS708H in comet then :)

Or the Toshiba XDE500, also available in comet

not as good as the two above...but does a good job

No Comet's either. Like I already said, the ONLY electrical retailer (if you could call it that) anywhere near me is Argos. Currys is 20 odd miles away and wouldn't be able to get there until probably this Sunday or Monday of next week. Apart from Argos and Currys, that's it, nothing else. Nada. Zip. Zilch. :(

Last edited:
Having seen the review on another thread for the LG DVX392H, I would like to get it, mainly as the full filenames are shown rather than abbreviations which is one of the features I would like, but Amazon are out of stock, Comet don't deliver to Northern Ireland, Argos and Currys don't sell them.... ! Arrrgghh!!! This is infuriating!

Are you sure that you are able to play DivX through the USB on the Onkyo DV-SP405, cos on the site it only says mp3 and jpeg. I am very interested in buying this, if it can play my divx's from my USB stick. Can anyone confirm that they succeded doing that?

Thanks a lot for any reply

Philips DVP5990 £49.99 at Argos.

Read the other thread!

This plays DIVx/XVID vis USB (USB2) and with alternative firmware it can also display 48chars via USB or 64 from disk - which is pretty good.

Alternative firmware discussed here -> http://vb6rocod.euracks.com/dvp5990_12.php

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom