1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black components for HTPC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by wolfe, Jul 17, 2002.

1. wolfe

wolfe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

I can't find a decent black desktop case in the UK so I had a look a www.digitalconnection.com who are in LA.
    They seem to have the sort of thing that I want....it then occured to me that there must be a bunch of folks in the UK who would want something like this so why not see if we can put together an order and see if we can get a deal from the guys in LA.

I have a contact who could arrange shipping from LA in a container which would take about 21days from port to port....I think that this would be considerably cheaper than air or UPS....
    If you are interested then have a look at the site and post here as to what you would be wanting.
    I have emailed them to see if they will ship the cases without PSU since I guess that most will want to use an Enermax or similar.
    There is no reason to limit this to just cases so if there is anything else lets see what we can do!

I am in no way intending to profit from this so please dont be nasty to me:p

If you are a UK supplier who can supply me a decent desktop ATX case in black then I will happily buy one from you!

2. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Correct me if Im wrong but will you not be stung for some serious import tax duty?!.

3. wolfe

wolfe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the import duty is 7% then vat @17.5% on 107%...I used to add 25% to a price in my head to get a rough idea of its landed cost in the Uk...excluding shipping of course.
    If anyone can firm up these figures it can only help!

4. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shipping may cost you about £100 to £150 aswell ....

5. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Or you could try this lot at www.progeny-computers.co.uk
    They may be able to get what you want anyway if you e-mail them.
    Their prices are constantly changing too.
    An e-mail may save you cash. Maybe.

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Glum lot about importing aren't you? I recently got some bits for my yank built boat sent over, the VAT was put on 1st, that's a couple of quid less, and the package was 33 kgs and £150 via DHL, so check those figures again, it's cheaper than you think.