Black carpet.

Reaction score
Does anyone have black carpet in their house & is it as bad as you would think with constantly hoovering up bits etc?

Home cinema down in the basement is carpeted in black. Doesn't take any longer to vacuum than other shades. Only downside is that the spiders can sneak up on you more easily.

...used to have a black carpet in my bedroom when I was a miserable teenager...it was awful, always covered in bits and crumbs and fluff etc...my Mum got fed up of hoovering it for a start so I took over doing it which was a good excuse because I didn't really want her in my room, she might have found my stash of Club International.

I have a red carpet in the bedroom and a sand coloured one in the lounge.

The red one always looks like it needs hoovered more than the lounge one. Mostly as most things that end up on the carpet are loose threads, bits of fluff etc are light coloured and they just show up more on a dark colour.

but i would say a dark colour carpet gives you a better indication of when to hoover than a light one, i know I probably wouldn't get off my arse so often to hoover if the bedroom one didn't need cleaning :D

...used to have a black carpet in my bedroom when I was a miserable teenager...it was awful, always covered in bits and crumbs and fluff etc...my Mum got fed up of hoovering it for a start so I took over doing it which was a good excuse because I didn't really want her in my room, she might have found my stash of Club International.

See, the same 7 chicks for a couple of years would do back then, who needs the internet ;)

Home cinema down in the basement is carpeted in black. Doesn't take any longer to vacuum than other shades. Only downside is that the spiders can sneak up on you more easily.

I am now going to carpet my entire house with white carpet on the strength of that....:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom