Black Borders on a Blind

Monster

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently using a 2m wide blind from Ikea as a screen until I redecorate my lounge. It works surprisingly well but following threads from Buns and others comments, I have been thinking about adding black borders in 16:9 format.

I thought I might try using black emulsion mixed with dilute PVA. Or flexible smooth black masonry paint, again mixed with dilute PVA. I am hoping that this will make the paint coating flexible enough to cope with rolling the blind up and down.

Has anyone tried anything similar and had any success? I suppose if it doesn't work its only £20 for a new screen urm, blind..

On my DIY screen I used black Indian ink (intened originally for pen & ink drawing at school in art) or acrylic paint. It works best if you have a nice 'dark' black that is a matte finish, and preferably slightly rough to it disapates the light that falls on it.

Thanks Retro.

Did you not find that the ink 'spread' as it was absorbed by the fabric? I am concerned about getting a nice sharp line along the border.

The blind I am using has a plastic type coating on one side that might be ok. The other side has a more green tinge and is fair faced fabric.

The ink stayed where I wanted it to be.

I used blackout fabric from John Lewis.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom