• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Black Border from Shield

chrisnewton35

I have just purchased a new 49" Samsung 4k TV and have noticed that when i connect my Shield to it there is a black border all the way round the edges. I would say its about 1/2" to 1" away from filling the screen all the way round.
I have tried changing the resolution settings in the shield and its set to 4K (recommended) and the only one that makes it fit is if i select the 1080p resolution.

This is where it goes weird. IF i go into my TV Settings and turn OFF Screen fit it then fills the whole screen, but if i turn ON screen fit it goes to having a border again, this is the opposite of what i would expect the Screen fit setting to do on my tv ??

Anyone any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

"fit to screen" should be the correct setting as you said yourself to stop black boarders. I can think of one thing you can try. First turn on "fit to screen" and let them boarders re appear, then go to the I assume Nvidia shield your on about settings and see if it has a setting that is incorrect that will make the boarders go away.

I have had this issue with PC's and it was always the PC Nvidia settings scaling incorrect etc.

chrisnewton35

"fit to screen" should be the correct setting as you said yourself to stop black boarders. I can think of one thing you can try. First turn on "fit to screen" and let them boarders re appear, then go to the I assume Nvidia shield your on about settings and see if it has a setting that is incorrect that will make the boarders go away.

I have had this issue with PC's and it was always the PC Nvidia settings scaling incorrect etc.
Thank you so much i did have a look around on the Nvidia shield and no mater what i could not get the borders to go unless i selected 1080p

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom