Black Bird (AppleTV+) Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

Huffypuffy

Suspended
Watched the first episode - promising start, will keep watching.

The flashback parts reminded me of True Detective, but stylistically, the flashback parts are very different to the present day stuff - almost like two different shows

I also assumed Greg Kinnear was playing a younger version of Ray Liotta's character but imdb says they're two different characters

MikeTVMikeTV

Watched the first 2 episodes, great start so far, good performances from everyone and am interested to see what happens as don't know anything about the real story.

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Apple TV+ - the service that keeps on giving.
Certainly quality over quantity with them

Slinkywizard

Distinguished Member
Thought the first two episodes were absolutely stellar. Love it so far.

Gambit1977

Enjoyed it so far.
Think the Kinnear bits are better, more interesting, than the Egerton bits but really like it. Reminds me of True Detective s1.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Mindhunter you say....

I'll definitely check this out. I thought Liotta's final role was The Many Saints of Newark, so glad I'll get to see him in something else.

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
Mindhunter you say....

I'll definitely check this out. I thought Liotta's final role was The Many Saints of Newark, so glad I'll get to see him in something else.
He has a couple of completed roles still in the can including the one which he was filming at the time of his death.

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Very Mindhunter like-ish......Very thing is top notch, cast, script, music and atmospheric theme
Looking forward to more.

Vega5000

This type of show is right up my street.
And oh Ray, you were so good. I will miss you greatly and I wish you were in more stuff

dan~

Kept hearing this trailer on Spotify whilst minimised and I actually thought it was kermit talking at the end haha.

Just watched the trailer and looks rather good

Still sounds like Kermit

moraghan

This is incredible .... 9/10 up to now. The 2 leads are both incredible and may both be battling it out for actor of the year. God only knows why more people are not talking about it.

Great mogwai soundtrack too.

Apple is doing amazingly well.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Sets up nicely for Fridays finale. Last 2 episodes have been really decent

Last edited:

Craig uk

Distinguished Member
Another Apple success - gripping from start to finish.

Craig uk

Distinguished Member
Probably best tv show of the year. The 2 leads were absolutely brilliant.
Agreed. They’ve produced some brilliant stuff this year so far.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
In the end really enjoyed this. 2 leads were superb.

mazon27091

I was shocked that the actor Paul Hauser resembled the real Larry Hall almost exactly in make-up. Usually, actors look similar not the same. Does anyone know if the voice was right?

Jason56d

Probably best tv show of the year. The 2 leads were absolutely brilliant.
Nope, IMO, that crown firmly belongs on another Apple jewel, Severence. If you haven't watched it, do! Apple are smashing it with TV shows since launch.

Just have last episode of this to watch. Been on super lates at work all week, and tonight, so will watch tomorrow hopefully.

nufcfan1

Watched this over the weekend and it was brilliant. A really interesting story with two tremendous lead performances. The mogwai soundtrack was stellar as usual.

bilbosmeggins

Distinguished Member
Really enjoyed this. As others have said, the two main roles were superbly cast and acted. I did feel that the show wrapped up a bit sharpish in the last episode though. Still a solid 9/10 from me.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton