Black Beauty (Disney+) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Hi Cas
Thanks for the review. This film epitomises the content issue we have due to the pandemic.

To be honest I would more likely give this a wide berth due to the subject matter and it being direct to a streaming service. Your review saves me the time of watching something that isn't an improvement on previous versions of the story and highlights why I probably will not be renewing my Disney sub.

Your comment on this being straight to TV in the past is spot on, only now it is on TV (albeit slightly different way) but we have to pay for the privilege.
Here's to the current situation comes to an end soon and the studios can get back to better fare.

It was clearly doomed from the outset, what with it's racist madness: they didn't hire a black rider and a white horse.

As you say, always would be a tough book to turn into a Movie, same as White Fang. Well, kids will enjoy it.
I guess next is another go at The Incredible Journey (1963 Version)

The theme tune to the 1980s TV series still haunts me to this day. Unforgettable...

Whoa, Black Beauty (Bam-ba-lam)
Black Beauty knew a child (Bam-ba-lam)
The damn thing gone wild (Bam-ba-lam)

The theme tune to the 1980s TV series still haunts me to this day. Unforgettable...

Black Beauty knew a child (Bam-ba-lam)
The damn thing gone wild (Bam-ba-lam)
Damn you, that is now my earworm for the evening! :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom