black bars in windows 10 how do you get rid of it to make it full screen

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by mark3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. mark3

mark3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    can anyone please help me with this problem i have got windows 10 64bit and what the problem is my screen has black bars at the side how do i get rid of the black bars i have upgraded my windows from windows 8 to windows 10 and for some reason there is black bars at the side of the screen i have check the display settings and that is ok but there still is black bars on the screen so how do i get rid of the black bars also i have check my graphics card and that is up to date so the graphics card are ok and the display settings i have also noticed that is was set to 1920x1080 and know it has gone so i have set it to the next biggest one which is 1280x1024 i dont know why the 1920x1080 has gone and it was that before but for some reason it has gone from the display settings so how do i get back the 1920x1080 and how do i get rid of the black bars
    at the side of my monitor so i need some help to get rid of the black bars how do i do that

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    The most common cause of this is Windows is using the default graphics card drivers for maximum compatibility because it can't identify which graphics your computer has.

Downloading the latest graphics driver from the computer or graphics manufacturer's website will fix the problem if that is the case.