Black and White Sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mjwhitehouse, May 10, 2001.

1. mjwhitehouse

mjwhitehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Every so often, the picture on Sky goes black and white for about 20 seconds. Perhaps once or twice a day. Does anyone know why? :confused:

2. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmmh, see my posting below about black and white (not that it helps). We may have a common problem here. Mine doesn't do it with RGB, only RF, s-video and composite.

What I do notice before it happens is that reds on my 50" RP set start to look "nervous", they start to flash and pulsate a little. On the telly upstairs (fed via RF) the black and white just happens without any warning!

Somebody has suggested that it is the closeness of my Grundig digibox to other electrical items.

3. bighairy

bighairy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just after Xmas I had a Grundig (black) box replaced with a Silver Grundig when the power supply failed completely. 2 hours after the man left, the Silver box flipped into B&W. Switching off over night sometimes got colour back but only for a while. Eventually (2 weeks) it was B&W only.

It was replaced (after waiting ages for an appointment) with a Sony (after I pleaded with the man) which is fine.

I got B&W on all outputs including RGB.

graeme