Black and white films showing colours

figrin_dan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have just got my first Plasma screen and the second film I watched was Frankenweenie.

It's a Black and White stop motion film but I was occasionally aware of a splash of yellow and possibly blue.

I imagine this is due to the way white is made up of the 3 colours but I've never noticed it on previous screens.

Is this a feature of Plasma, a feature of a bigger TV or something that will disappear as time goes on?

Thanks.

If you're susceptible to seeing rainbows (flashes of colour) with DLP projectors, you can also occasionally see flashes of colour with plasmas, especially with black and white material. It's a byproduct of the way a plasma creates its image and some people can see it, whilst others can't. Unfortunately there is nothing you can really do about it but thankfully you probably won't notice with colour material.

Thanks Steve. My BD player screensaver is white text on a black background. Every time the text moved my eyes detect yellow text until I focus on it. Looks like something I'll have to get used to.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom