Bl00dy TV Link

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by scoobydoo99, Feb 15, 2005.

1. scoobydoo99

scoobydoo99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, this is driving me nuts...

I have a Grundig digibox feeding an SLX180 and I've bought a TV Link and am struggling to get it to work. I can get the led to light up so it seems like it's receiving a voltage (more about this later...). I can get the TV Link to work fine plugged straight into the back of RF2 on the didgibox and switching on the RF voltage - but when I try the same on the portable in the bedroom it wont respond to the remote at all. Something I have discovered is that the led lights up when connected to the portable TV even when the RF voltage is switched off - I get a voltage of 11.29v at the TV socket - is this from the SLX 180. Also found out that if I try to fit the TV Link wih the RF voltage switched on it trips and restarts the didgibox. Pretty sure the TV Link is fine as this is my second one?? Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

2. jsap

jsap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    if the cable is fitted into a co-ax wall socket, you will need to check the type of outlet plate used as some do not work with the tvlinks

3. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +325
    Sounds like the wall plate to me.... Not a good idea to have anything between the digibox and the TV Link. Try connecting it directly to the cable.

If the digibox is tripping when the RF2 power is switched on (with something connected to it) there's a short somewhere...

Hardly ever the fault of "bl00dy TV links" - usually the fault of the bl00dy idiot fitting it! :D

A. Dork

4. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Is the bedroom TV fed by a Ariel wall socket? If so this can effect the voltage the TV Eye is receiving as many of them have capacitors fitted which adversely effect the voltage. Also, excuse my ignorance, is the SLX180 a distribution amp? If so does it allow digital pass through i.e. the remote signal from the TV Eye to pass back through it to your digibox?

Happened to me, the TV eye would work intermittently, then I basically removed the small circuit board in the wall socket with the capacitor and fitted an ariel plug directly onto the wall socket wire (think it's a male one) now it works flawlessly.

Nathan

5. mmm

mmm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just installed one of these gadgets, and I did have a little trouble setting it up. If only I had read the instructions properly ;) anyway, if you have "anything" in the way "such as tv booster signal" then it wont work. keep trying, it does work...!

6. scoobydoo99

scoobydoo99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks chaps I'll give this a go. Both the sitting room and the bedroom have wall sockets fitted - I'll try connecting the cable straight through. I didn't think the wall sockets were an issue if I'm only distributing the sat signal - I knew they were a problem if I was using one of the Loftbox dist amps and distribution sat/dig radio and FM.
    The SLX 180 is a distribution amp designed specially for the TV Link.

Thanks, will report findings..

7. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,484
    I have wall sockets but took the innards out and put right-angle female F-sockets inside attached straight to the cable. Works okay for me now.

More info here: hxxp://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/tvlink.htm

Mike.