• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BKXLS200-DF Mistake...

Trikky

Established Member
I bought a BKXLS200-DF last week (got delivered on Fri) and I now realise this is quite a small sub and enclosure for the size of my room (7m x 4m).

I am really happy with the purchase and the sub and I fully accept that it was my fault for purchasing the wrong item.
Does anyone know if I can send it back, swap it for a Monolith and pay the difference? :confused:

Cheers,
Rick

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
Distances selling isnt an issue within the UK. Looking at it this way, you want to return the product to BK for another more expensive one and give them more money. As long as your product is returned in perfect condition and packaged exactly as it was, I cant see the good guys at BK having a problem with it.

Trikky

Established Member
Distances selling isnt an issue within the UK. Looking at it this way, you want to return the product to BK for another more expensive one and give them more money. As long as your product is returned in perfect condition and packaged exactly as it was, I cant see the good guys at BK having a problem with it.

Thanks for that, it's what I'm hoping for!! The service I received from BK was fantastic. :facepalm:

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
I cant see the good guys at BK having a problem with it.

That is the perception but of course they will now not be able to sell the sub as new and will therefore make a loss, through no fault of their own.

I feel for companies that feel they need to offer this kind of refund service to reassure buyers. It helps the sale but you also end up with people abusing it.

I am not stating that this is the case here, people make mistakes but I know it happens. :(

Adam

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The distance selling regs will cover you anyway. Which means the compay has to provide the facilty to return items (with full refund) if the customer does not want them (no explanation required). I think you have to pay the postage costs but that is all.
However, as stated above I believe BK will probably be more than willing to swap them over anyway.

Trikky

Established Member
That is the perception but of course they will now not be able to sell the sub as new and will therefore make a loss, through no fault of their own.

I feel for companies that feel they need to offer this kind of refund service to reassure buyers. It helps the sale but you also end up with people abusing it.

I am not stating that this is the case here, people make mistakes but I know it happens. :(

Adam
I really did make an honest mistake, I've been using a Mission m5AS and was expecting a similar size and performing sub in the XLS200. :suicide:

I called BKelec earlier today, they were so helpful!!

I have arranged to return the XLS200-DF and have bought a Monolith instead.
They charged me £20 for courier and re-packaging of the 200 and the monolith extra charges on top.

The customer service is first class, I cannot praise them highly enough. :clap:

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
I really did make an honest mistake, I've been using a Mission m5AS and was expecting a similar size and performing sub in the XLS200. :suicide:

I called BKelec earlier today, they were so helpful!!

I have arranged to return the XLS200-DF and have bought a Monolith instead.
They charged me £20 for courier and re-packaging of the 200 and the monolith extra charges on top.

The customer service is first class, I cannot praise them highly enough. :clap:

I certainly meant no offense to you, I just wanted to make the point because it can be all too easy to forget that it isn't win-win all round.

I think you will be very happy with your Monolith :smashin:

Adam

Trikky

Established Member
I certainly meant no offense to you, I just wanted to make the point because it can be all too easy to forget that it isn't win-win all round.

I think you will be very happy with your Monolith :smashin:

Adam

No offense taken... ;)

I agree, it's not a win win but business is business and you have to take the rough with the smooth. :rolleyes:
I don't think BK will lose too much if anything at all on this 200 - It'll probably end up in their Ebay page.

I'm sure I'll be happy with the Monolith, I really like the m5as I'm using at the moment but I have to give it back to the old man eventually.

pwood

Prominent Member
I am surprised the Mission is considered better than the Bk XL200 maybe in perceived bass but I doubt it produced as much depth. Not that it matters as the Mission will now be trounced by the sub bargain that is the Monolith. If only I had a detached house and even more important the space for such a monster:rolleyes:

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I am surprised the Mission is considered better than the Bk XL200 maybe in perceived bass but I doubt it produced as much depth.

The Mission has a very good spec.
12" driver, way bigger box, ported and 350W amp.
I'd guess it's no slouch.

It's all academic now though, as you suggest :smashin:

Edit: that said, they only quote 28hz.
That's a bit of a surprise.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom