BK XXLS400 v's B&W PV1

jimarchy

Established Member
Reaction score
Over the past week I have been fortunate enough to be able to get my gear all connected as we are between houses :thumbsdow, now I need to find another house without neighbours...:)

I have a B&W PV1 and due to an order mix up with BK I also took delivery of a beautiful black gloss XXLS400 after reading the various reviews on this site.

I always wanted a PV1 as it has good reviews and looks amazing for a sub, it also compliments my B&W XT4's and XTC. However, after trying them both and trying different settings etc I have to say that the PV1 (IMHO) is style over substance. But then again, is it fair to compare a £950 sub against a £450 one???

Looks wise there is no competition, the PV1 is beautiful and looks the part. The XXLS 400 is also a beautiful finished sub but is like most other subs... its a box :eek:

I guess if I hadn't had the XXLS400 to compare at the same time I would have been very happy with it but after testing them both and listening to the same movies and soundtracks the XXLS400 just filled the room with more sound. Cranked up the china was rattling in the room.... :devil: The PV1 just couldn't match it.

BK customer service / ordering process is not the best in the world...:facepalm: but that said, what they deliver is just amazing for the price, the build quality and finish is first class. Just wanted to say I am very, very pleased with it :thumbsup:

I guess if I hadn't had the XXLS400 to compare at the same time I would have been very happy with it but after testing them both and listening to the same movies and soundtracks the XXLS400 just filled the room with more sound. Cranked up the china was rattling in the room.... :devil: The PV1 just couldn't match it.
:

Couldnt agree more mate. I made the same upgrade. Its like night and day:D

Thanks Guy's

Praise due where praise is due :smashin:

In a previous thread a while back I had a moan about BK, just wanted to let others know that I am now a satisfied customer. :thumbsup:

And thanks to everyone else who has reviewed on the forum too. :hiya:

Nice one Jim, I was in the same situation, had a PV1 (which I actually bought from Iron man 2 - Hello mate BTW!) and just recently sold it as looking to go down the BK route.

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom