Bk Xls200

eviljohn2 said:
I think if it were set up properly it would give any SVS a run for it's money :devil: ). :)
That strikes me as wishful thinking. No matter how many BK subs you array together they still won't plumb the depths that the SVS can reach and I doubt whether the distortion levels would be as low at the bottom end either.

eviljohn2 said:
Having 2 subs isn't strange, quite a lot of people do it. If I were to upgrade that would probably be the direction I'd go, a single BK outperforms some £800 models without much trouble for less than £300. Two BK's would be quite an arsenal for under £600 (in fact, I think if it were set up properly it would give any SVS a run for it's money :devil: ). :)

YES But he told me he has two and found one is enough, two of these costs £600 with packing , so why pay out that for two (SPOUSE UN FRIENDLY?) lumps untried by him it seems? insted of a better /bigger sub or at least try one on its own first? how many of us had a demo on your bk sub by the way any one ?Ididnt chose mine by reading comments on this forum , are we buying these BK subs on reccomendation from this forum,? Is that the wrong way to buy a sub without comparisons ?possibly ,? Any one on this forum have any connection with BK by the way interesting me thinks . ( ABNETT ) :eek:

abnett26247 said:
Any one on this forum have any connection with BK by the way interesting me thinks

There is a member of this forum that is associated with BK. He occasionally answers queries about their products but never interferes in general threads recommending his own products so you have nothing to worry about on that score.

abnett26247 said:
YES But he told me he has two and found one is enough, two of these costs £600 with packing , so why pay out that for two (SPOUSE UN FRIENDLY?) lumps untried by him it seems? insted of a better /bigger sub or at least try one on its own first? how many of us had a demo on your bk sub by the way any one ?Ididnt chose mine by reading comments on this forum , are we buying these BK subs on reccomendation from this forum,? Is that the wrong way to buy a sub without comparisons ?possibly ,? Any one on this forum have any connection with BK by the way interesting me thinks . ( ABNETT ) :eek:

Don't really understand what you are getting at here. In terms of demoing subs, in an ideal world of plenty of time and shops nearby willing to loan a number of subs for trying in your home environment (which is the best way to try them) yes it would be great. But life isn't like that, and the information and recommendations on forums like this enable us to purchase a sub "blind" confident in the knowledge that it isn't a turkey. For that I'm grateful to the people who take time to respond and help...PJ

Well i think the guy who bought 2 subs at the same time BK at aprox £600 only to then find one is enough must have been led to believe he needed two BK subs and reading all the fine words from owners of Bk subs thought two are better than one, if he had a demo he might have saved £300 . so point might be get a demo if you can, or if a product gets good reviews on this forum why not buy two. that could have been the reason he bought two BK subs without a demo ? :confused:

Cool-hand said:
Had I bought two BK subs I think I would have kept them both and lapped it up!
It could have only added to the experience, surely.

Not necessarily as it isn't just a matter of connecting up the two subs and away you go as positioning is even more important with two than it is with one as if you get it wrong the bass from each subwoofer will cancel out the bass from the other one and you end up with less bass and not more.

Ian J said:
Not necessarily as it isn't just a matter of connecting up the two subs and away you go as positioning is even more important with two than it is with one as if you get it wrong the bass from each subwoofer will cancel out the bass from the other one and you end up with less bass and not more.
That's not stricly true. If you stack one on top of the other, most of the interference will be in the vertical plane.

I think a pair of XLS200's would look awesome as a stack. :devil:
Unfortunately I havn't tried it and it's not the obvious upgrade direction even if I did have that sort of cash available.

A few other people do use this setup to good effect though, for example, one of the people who work for Rocket (a US based speaker manufacturer) has 2 UFW10's in a stack in the corner of his listening room.

Having the 2 subs in different places in the room has the potential to be better than a stack as you can hopefully cancel out any major room modes and thus increase the size of the sweet spot significantly. A stack of 2 will mean that both are affected by any positioning problems but is less likely to cause crazy standing waves. It also has half the footprint size.

As with everything subsonic, it's swings and roundabouts. Dual small subs have some advantages over a single larger model and of course vice versa, in the same way that sealed subs have some advantages over ported subs and vice versa. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom