1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BK XLS200 performance

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by astolfo, Jan 30, 2005.

1. astolfo

astolfo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!
    Thanks to this forum, I got interested in the BK subwoofer XLS200, both for hi-fi and HC, essentially because of its seemingly excellent quality/price ratio.

I have some questions related, and I would be glad if someone could answer.

1. How does it compare to some well appraised "udiophile" subs, like MJ ref. 200 or Rel Strata V or Rel Stampede, which are notably more costly?

2. I read that the XLS200 has good frequency response till rather deep tunes. But how about distortion? Is there some measure about its distortion, for instance at 80/90/100 dB and 50/31.5/20 Hz. These are the truly relevant parameters to evaluate the quality of a subwoofer [Velodyne's and SVS seemed to destroy REL's in this department, according to some reports I read].

Is there someone who can help me?

Thanks in advance.

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    1. I don't think it will perform as well as the subs you mention, but they are over twice the price of the XLS200! I doubt if the difference would be huge but it's up to you if it's worth the extra money.

2. I don't think anyone has taken any distortion measurements (other than in subjective listening tests). I certainly don't have the equipment to perform them myself.