BK XLS200 or MJ Acoustics Pro 50

marcstang

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I think I've managed to narrow it down to the BK XLS200 and MJ Pro 50 which are in my price bracket (around £300).

I'm thinking of using the sub with some orb audio speakers, so it also needs to be able to produce some decent mid range bass. Any advice or recommendations between the two would be massively appreciated. :lease:

After eading some old threads I think a BK amp it is. As I'm watching the penny's a bit does anyone think I can get away with the gemini or should I stop being so tight and just pay the extra £90 :devil: ?

I got my xls200 from this forum second hand. I would post a wanted add as they do come up for sale here quite often. The guy I bought mine of had bought a BK that was about four times the size xls200. the xls200 is plently big enough for me.

Already posted in the wanted section :)

There is now three of us who are looking for the xls second hand.

Thing for me is that I'm going from a Kef PSW1000 (which was ok for me) to either a Gemini or ideally a xls. I think even the gemini will be a big step up.

Already posted in the wanted section :)

There is now three of us who are looking for the xls second hand.

Thing for me is that I'm going from a Kef PSW1000 (which was ok for me) to either a Gemini or ideally a xls. I think even the gemini will be a big step up.

I went from a KefPSW1000 to an XLS200 DF....there is no comparision.:thumbsup: I hear traffic noise on TV news items that make me think there is a young driver revving up his Vauxhall Corsa (with 'phat' exhaust) outside my house. I should add that occasionally there actually is one outside...but that's another story.:D

DVDs with low frequency effects are much more noticable (and I don't have it overly cranked up). I've been able to replace my large AE109 floorstanders with some (quality) bookshelf speakers and use the XLS to provide the bass. In other words I get more and better quality bass from my bookshelves plus the XLS than with the floorstanders plus the KEF.

I guess you get the idea...but seriously buy one....or a Monolyth if you have room.:devil: I'm thinking of getting a Gemini for my second system (in our conservatory) now that summer is on it's way, we don't spend so much time in the living room and I miss the better sound system in 'Screen 1'.:D

Unless you're lucky enough to find one second hand in the forum classifieds, there is only one place and that's direct from BK Electronics.

I know it's tempting to look for discount, but as you're already getting MJ Ref 200 (£650) performance, it's already somewhat of a bargain.:)

Russell

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom