• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question BK XLS200 or Klipsch R-112sw

Swynol

Established Member
Hi,

after some help. Currently looking at upgrading my subwoofer. Ideally between the BK XLS200 or the Klipsch R-112sw. Both are priced around the £350 mark.
Anyone know which is the better model? This is for a HT room size is 5.5m x 4.5m.

I would like the BK p12-300SB however they are out of stock and will be for sometime.

dion 6

Prominent Member
Hi,

after some help. Currently looking at upgrading my subwoofer. Ideally between the BK XLS200 or the Klipsch R-112sw. Both are priced around the £350 mark.
Anyone know which is the better model? This is for a HT room size is 5.5m x 4.5m.

I would like the BK p12-300SB however they are out of stock and will be for sometime.
I've just bought one of these just dropped £100

Swynol

Established Member
cheers, another one to weigh up. seems to tick all the boxes, wondering if the 10" in the REL might be too small for the room size and a 12" would be better.... so many choices...

dion 6

Prominent Member
cheers, another one to weigh up. seems to tick all the boxes, wondering if the 10" in the REL might be too small for the room size and a 12" would be better.... so many choices...
My rooms 14''x14'' and I've just set it up not tweaked it properly yet and my wife already complaining its to loud so thats a good sign

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Klipsch without doubt if it´s new with warranty! That R-112SW is the better quality range which you will notice when you see it/raise it up and being vented model it will give you nice impact with in-room response down to 20hz or so. I have owned one and yeah it´s one of few speaker manufacturer subs including the 15" model that has got some praise from big names in the industry. I wouldn´t buy it used as i think the first ones had some amp failures. You could also save up for P12-PR which should come as new grade-b at some point for 430£ or so. But then again the price difference is so small that i would go with BK Monolith straight considering your room size and use, ~510£ shipped or the Plus model 540£ as new grade-b. Maybe save up and get it christmas time. :) When doing any kind of upgrade i would make sure you get some noticeable change.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom