BK XLS200 , looking for 50Hz

rainrock

Standard Member
Took delivery of one of these the other day and i love it already.

Just using it with 2 channel audio and its fast , tight and deep sounding :) .

As anyone who owns a BK knows , the frequency dial is marked out like a clock and I'm wondering if anyone here knows what the is the Hz frequency corresponding to each mark on the knob?

From searching the forums here , someone mentioned that the 12 o'clock position corresponds to around 80Hz, can anyone confirm this ?
In particular I'm trying to find out where the 50Hz setting is.

Currently i have the frequency knob turned to slightly above 8 O'clock.

Cheers

Michael

lechacal

If you look at the dial you'll see that it ranges from 40Hz to 120Hz. Some mental arithmetic will tell you that the 7 marked points in-between are at 10Hz intervals. Therefore the first indication above 40Hz corresponds to 50Hz.

rainrock

Standard Member
Hi there , thanks for replying but if you look at the dial there are 9 marked points (not 7) between the 40hz and 120hz.

Im guessing this would make 50hz slightly above the first marking.

Anyone confirm this?

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member
If the first mark is 40Hz and the last at 120Hz, then that would make the first mark after 40Hz the 50Hz mark.

I wouldn't worry too much though. The actual frequencys the marks correspond to is seldom the actual roll off frequency achieved, anymore than a speaker quoted as rolling off at 50Hz will actually do so in a room.

I would use the minimum of test tones and an SPL meter to measure the actual roll-off of the speakers and adjust the subs crossover to match it, regardless of what is actually indicated on the dial.

Russell

rainrock

Standard Member
Thanks russell.

Just had a reply back from tom at BK who told me that the 50Hz position is situated between 9 o'clock and 10 o'clock on the xls200 .

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom