BK XLS200 High Level Crossover?

windhoek

Prominent Member
Reaction score
If I set my sub up so that LFE crossover settings are managed by my AV Receiver, do I still have to use the Sub's crossover knob to manage high level crossover settings? If yes, should both crossover settings be the same?

High level simply reads the speaker signals, and therefore requires your speakers receive a full range signal. In order for that to happen on an AVR, bass management has to be disabled by putting it into pure audio (or whatever its called on your amp) mode. You then use the crossover on the sub to properly integrate it with your speakers natural low end roll off.

Using the normal LFE connection, you simply set the crossover to max and let the AVR do the rest, ensuring your AVR is in a proper x.1 mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Moonfly. Sounds like I'd use HL Xover in Pure Direct mode when I listen to music and LFE (X-over managed by my AVR) when I'm watching movies. Simple enough for me.

Unfortunately though, when I went to test things out earlier with different HL X-over settings, the Sub wouldn't turn on. I tried a different fuse, but it just won't power on. I've emailed BK about returning it. I think I need to find a cheap, but reliable courier to ship it back.

Check the subs internal fuse first, its not out of the ordinary for them to pop, and IIRC, BK ship their subs with a spare on board.

Cheers Moonfly, I never knew that. I'll give it a go.

Just out of interest - feel free to slap me if you have - have you connected the high level input? As in the speakon from your amp's speaker terminals?

Yes; no chastisement necessary as you cared enough to post in this thread :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom