BK XLS200 DF - Using the left input

narke

I have had the XLS200 DF for a couple of years and have not had any problems, recently it has started humming and although it is only low level my wife who sits a lot closer to it than me finds this annoying.
I swapped the phono lead from the Right (Mono) input to the Left input and the humming has stopped. It sounds the same to me set up like this, but I wondered if this was OK.

asdonk

if the xls200 works that way on the left input
whitout the humming you have your answer
humming can be caused by many things
it doesn't have to be the plate amp

Last edited:

imigix

I have had the XLS200 DF for a couple of years and have not had any problems, recently it has started humming and although it is only low level my wife who sits a lot closer to it than me finds this annoying.
I swapped the phono lead from the Right (Mono) input to the Left input and the humming has stopped. It sounds the same to me set up like this, but I wondered if this was OK.
i am at this moment waiting for DHL to arrive today with my new unit.

so your question interested me, i assume that the unit use a mono amp as there is only one speaker to drive.

so i would think at the input the two channels are intergrated together so that the base from both channels ( when being driven from a unit with left and right line o/p ) without causing any seperation problems on the driving unit.

so if i am correct it does not make any differance in your case which input socket you use.

given the hum on the right input at this distance it would suggest to me you have a fault on that input but as long as the left is ok dont worry.

narke

i am at this moment waiting for DHL to arrive today with my new unit.

so your question interested me, i assume that the unit use a mono amp as there is only one speaker to drive.

so i would think at the input the two channels are intergrated together so that the base from both channels ( when being driven from a unit with left and right line o/p ) without causing any seperation problems on the driving unit.

so if i am correct it does not make any differance in your case which input socket you use.

given the hum on the right input at this distance it would suggest to me you have a fault on that input but as long as the left is ok dont worry.

I was hoping that was the case. I have recently added a Blue-ray player and changed my TV and wondered if they were causing the problem.
As the unit is now out of warranty I will see how it goes using the Left input. If it starts humming using that input I will have to look into a repair.
There does not seem to be any difference in the performance so hopefully it will give me another couple of years good service, by which time I may be looking to upgrade.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom