BK XLS200 and NAD T752

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Milenario01, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Milenario01

Milenario01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

Just received my XLS 200 and started tweaking with it. I am afraid I have a couple of questions:

1. Which sub pre-out of my nad T752 should I use. I have two - subw1 and subw2. Is the same? I only plan to connect it via low level input

2. Is correct this proceeding to setup the crossover frequency?: I set up BK internal filter to 120Hz (LFE position). In the NAD, I left the sub filter cut to 80HZ. However, in certain passages I stick my ear to the sub and can hear perfectly non-bass noises, such as weak voices from the film. Why is this happening? Perhaps the NAD is not cutting at 80 and I should touch something else?

3. I do not feel the sub as much as I expected. I have to leave the low level gain at half way more or less and even in that position, well, not so much as expected. Prhaps I should tweak with the positioning ???

Front firing version and soundcare spikes. The sub is just between the main front speakers.

Your help would be appreciated

2. petarst

petarst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Sw out 1 you can use or Sw 2 what ever you wanna !
    Set crossover on recever to be 80 hz and same to sub.
    That is all it will be good.

3. BH_

BH_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

You probably have some dips and/or peaks in the freq response of your sub in it's current position/room. The best thing to do, is to get a Behringer feedback destroyer + spl meter (it's not expensive) and to tweak the response till it's flat.

4. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Surely he should try another position for the sub as a first response to sitting in a 'dip'.

5. AvAl

AvAl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think Binbag is right with your first step. Although you've got your sub in the 'ideal' position, it may not be the ideal postion for your room. I'd definately buy an SPL as a must anyway if you are serious about setting your room up sonically, want the best out of your system. As a second step, download the Microsoft Excel Subtest model from here, make up a test CD with the appropriate frequencies as is on the Sub test chart and mess around with the positioning of the sub in the room with the SPL in various listening positions - Centre of room, right of room, left of room, or where different people may be listening and it will give you an idea of how the room is behaving. (You COULD try a frequency sweep that's on the likes of Avia as a quickie, but you'd have to be damn quick taking the readings off the SPL!)
    Either way, it will be an eye-opener when you see the peaks and troughs in your room, then you may want (will need) to get a BFD as BH_ has said to even out the response - THEN the fun begins! Good luck :D