1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BK XLS200 and NAD T752 connection

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Milenario01, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Milenario01

Milenario01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

I have a doubt concerning my XLS 200 (excellent) sub. I have it connected via the RCA and low level conection only, 120Hz passing frequency in the sub and cutting at 80 Hz in the A/V amplifier (a NAD T752).

I have a couple of doubts:

- the 80 Hz setting in the NAD, does it apply only to speakers set to SMALL or it affects every signal including LFE channel? Recently I have changed all speakers to SMALL in home cinema configuration.

- if I want to connect the sub simultaneously via high (Neutrik) and low level (RCA), which is the role of the frequency crossover in the sub? I would need to stablish a 45 Hz crossover setting in high level with my main speakers, but if I set frequency crossover in the sub at this point , wouldn't it affect to LFE signal as well ?

To summarize: I would need to set up a 45 Hz filter when connecting via high level (specially for music listening) and a 120 Hz (i.e. no filtering) for LFE. IS it possible simultaneously without tweaking with sub controls each time I change from stereo to hc listening?

Your feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
    Gustavo.