• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BK XLS 200 Upgrade

marvinwright1

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade this sub, I originally purchased it due to space restrictions but that's not really a problem now. Its running along side some MA GS60's and I've always thought that the sub lacked a bit of oomph. In another room I also have an older SVS PB10-NSD and I recently tested in the same room as the XLS 200 with the MA GS60's and came to realize that I really do want to upgrade, using the SVS added another dimension and made the whole room shake. I use the room where the BK sub is pretty much 100% for movies so I'm thinking I obviously like the sound of a ported sub.

Anyway to cut a long story short I'm thinking of upgrading the XLS 200 to a Monolith and really I would just like your opinion's on how the Monolith would compare to my older SVS ported sub, I would have thought the Monolith would be just as good if not better, would you agree?

Many thanks,

Marvin.

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
I have heard the Monolith and it is indeed in a different league and a big improvement over the XLS200 which i have. No dealings with the SVS so i cannot comment on it but i going by specs, I reckon the Monolith will be at the very least on par with it - IMO

marvinwright1

I've just realised I've actually got the xls300, daft. From reading previous posts I guess the same applies in terms of upgrading. I tried searching the classifieds to get a rough idea of what they go for but there doesn't seem to have been any sold recently, what do you think it might be worth?, it's gloss black in perfect condition with all the original packaging/freebies that came with it.

Thanks,

Marvin.

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
I can't say For sure as I do not know how much the rrp was and how long you've had it and they've stopped making them now, but would of thought in the region of £200-250ish. They are rare as hens teeth on the s/h market and I've never seen one for sale.

gingerone

Yeah they are very rare, xls200 goes for anything between £150-£200 depending on condition I would imagine you would get £250 for the xls300

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom