BK worth the wait?

Sgoaty

Established Member
Reaction score
Im in the market for a sub and i was originally looking to spend around about £200 however after trawling for info on here I see BK subs seem to be very well thought of. I convinced myself to stretch the budget up to a Gemini then up to an XLS200 but the problem is im quite imaptient. I work away and come the 12th of January I will be at home for a month. I would really like to have a new subwoofer long before i have to go back to work.

Are these BKs really worth the wait or is there anything else comparaible for similar money?
Thanks
Scott

Got to be honest, I've never heard of them?

I have a monolith,very nice.

I believe that Crystal Acoustics are a Greek company.They manufacture some worthwhile products that appear,on paper at least,to be decent performers.They sell direct to the public.

HCC have reviewed the TX-T2 5.1 system and,if memory serves,gave it 4/5

I have not seen a review of any of the subs,nor do I know anyone that has one.

Don't forget Sgoaty,that BK sell on Amazon and The bay as well as by their own site.You actually pay a little extra for delivery but the base price is the same.I bought my xxls400 this way and received it within 6 days,inc a weekend.

Good luck.

K.

I've had my xls200 about 2 years and use it every day. It's one of the best bits of kit I've ever bought and would heartily recommend one - worth waiting for in my opinion.

JB

Ill keep my eyes peeled on amazon and maybe call BK on the 3rd to see what the delivery is likely to be before ordering. If its going to be ages i may well be the guinea pig for the crystal acoustic.

Best to phone them but Dont ask for a gloss finish and it will be quicker.

My monolith was about 3 weeks but thats for the gloss finish and they take longer ....

It has take its time but looks so nice and as everyone will have told you they are very good a building subs.

Worth the wait YES.

Richard

I know the feeling i also work away and my Monolith turned up an hour after i left to go back offshore so i have still not even set eyes on it and i ordered it 15th November. By all accounts the wait will be worth it though. only 4 days left now

I've had my xls200 about 2 years and use it every day. It's one of the best bits of kit I've ever bought and would heartily recommend one - worth waiting for in my opinion.

JB

I'll second that - worth waiting for.

They are worth the wait but it can be a very long wait , 7 weeks + for mine. I dont mind waiting but BK talk a load of rubbish when it comes to waiting times. I got told less than 3 weeks when they took the order.

I always think honesty is the best policy , tell a customer 8 weeks and they get it in 7 then they are happy.

Tell a customer 3 weeks but takes 7 weeks then they are very unhappy.

BRILLIANT PRODUCTS - customer service total joke.

i rang them today and they also told me 3 weeks for a black gloss xls200. just need to decide what to do as i really want one but im also impatient!

The light oak is stunning. The gloss black will just attractive dust and if it ever gets marked it will stand out so bad.

I blew the budget and ordered the XXLS400 in standard black i was told when I called today they take about 5 days so it should be waiting for me when i get home. I should probably have went fot the monolith for the little extra it would cost as id have space for it but its just too huge to fit in with the furniture.

I still cant decide, rang BK today about a Gemini or XLS200, think i'm just going to go for the XXLS400 aswell as the mono is too big for my room and i know if i buy the 200 i'd keep thinking for an extra £100 i could of got the 400.

I am sure when you get home the 400 will sound very nice and do a very good job.

I was going for a 400 but then changed and OMG its big but I love it and id not have it any other way.

Richard

i have the xls200 DF, was delivered around 5 weeks ago. knowing it would be about a month i was happy to wait. its the muts nuts. will go monolith when we move house this year. but the xls200 is an amazing solid bit of kit. you cant go wrong with BK build and sound at this price

I blew the budget and ordered the XXLS400 in standard black i was told when I called today they take about 5 days so it should be waiting for me when i get home. I should probably have went fot the monolith for the little extra it would cost as id have space for it but its just too huge to fit in with the furniture.

Yu won't regret your choice, they are just the mutts nuts when it comes to the business.

BK subs do it all!!

I too love my XLS400, but if there was one thing I would like to change its moving the power switch to the top on the amp , its hard work reaching all the way to the bottom , :rolleyes:
What do you all think ?

I am looking into a way I can have it on all the time and then use a auto plug or something to trigger it's power on and off,

Was the only thing I was missing but I am sure there is a point why they dont have that auto power option

Richard

I too love my XLS400, but if there was one thing I would like to change its moving the power switch to the top on the amp , its hard work reaching all the way to the bottom , :rolleyes:
What do you all think ?

If you can leave it on, consumes only a couple of watts in standby and is always warmed up and available.................

Ordered a gloss black xls200 this afternoon and got told it would be ready in 10-14 days.

That was the thing with the Crystal ones they had an auto power off function. I hope somebody on here gives them a try.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom