BK Website Still good for buying a new Gemini II?

Oddsodz

Novice Member
So I am in the market for a sub. I keep reading about how good 'BK' Subs are. So I was thinking of getting a Gemini II and if it works out nice. I would get a 2nd one latter in the year (my Denon AV receiver has two sub outputs).

But to be honest. The site looks very 1990's in layout. And I am not so sure that the shopping cart and prices are up to date. Is this still the right URL for BK?

Has anybody else got a better way to buy from them?

Thanks for reading.

Oddsodz

jonjames

The website works fine for ordering, that's how I ordered mine, but yes it needs a refresh!

If you can go larger look at the P12 or xxlx400, both 12" driver, 300w/400w respectively. If not then the xxlx200 is next best with 10" driver 275w from memory.

Gemini only has 150w.

kbfern

Distinguished Member

If you are in the market for a subwoofer this 10" THX from Monolith is a true subwoofer with bags more performance than any of the BK range even their monolith.

It is a much bigger sub cabinet than the diminutive Gemini but it exceeds it's performance by miles. If size is not an issue to you it can be had right now on sale at £390 approx as there is a 22% disc to be had for the next few days using promo code HAPPY22

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Gemini is ok sub for bedroom.

Don't expect to shift tectonic plates and create magnitude 10 earthquakes.

Bk can suffer from hum/buzz

I'd say double gem looks better with two drivers and if you get two should give more dynamics to system.

password1

Distinguished Member
The Gemini 2 may only have 150w bit it can go loud, great for music and adequate for movies in small to medium sized rooms and.build quality is just as good, if not better. I actually prefer the amp on the Gem 2 as it has a nice digital display.

I currently have both a Gem 2 (home office) and bk xxls400 (lounge) and used to have the xls200 (basically a baby version of the xxls400 using the same amp plate with less power). One thing to keep in mind is the size and weight of the xxls400, its huge compared to the tiny gem 2 and xls200.

BK also have ebay stores you might prefer.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
The Gemini 2 may only have 150w bit it can go loud, great for music and adequate for movies in small to medium sized rooms and.build quality is just as good, if not better. I actually prefer the amp on the Gem 2 as it has a nice digital display.

I currently have both a Gem 2 (home office) and bk xxls400 (lounge) and used to have the xls200 (basically a baby version of the xxls400 using the same amp plate with less power)

Tried the double gem? Two of those should be pretty good in small room for HT. And look cool without being massive

password1

Distinguished Member
No not tried the double gem. Its a little too tall in my space. i have a floorstanding speaker mounted above my xxls400 on a DIY shelf.

sha66y

So I am in the market for a sub. I keep reading about how good 'BK' Subs are. So I was thinking of getting a Gemini II and if it works out nice. I would get a 2nd one latter in the year (my Denon AV receiver has two sub outputs).

But to be honest. The site looks very 1990's in layout. And I am not so sure that the shopping cart and prices are up to date. Is this still the right URL for BK?

Has anybody else got a better way to buy from them?

Thanks for reading.

Oddsodz
You could call them and buy over the phone ?
Perhaps discuss your needs and requirements with Tom, I was after the xls400 , but he convinced me that the 200 would best suit my room and placement, can’t beat that kind of attention to detail in my book?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom