BK Power amps?

Buckster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect that sound quality wasn't the prime concern. More likely the priority was something that could be belted both physically and output-wise - and not collapse in a heap.

Hi,
I would expect it to sound fine,
I actually had one of the lower powered versions and it didn't do too badly.
However,
Personally I would stear clear unless you can place it in another room, due to possible fan noise :eek:,
As they tend to be noisy on these sorts of amps.

Paul.

Gave these a quick look awhile ago but got distracted by other things...

I wonder what sort or current these can supply? I feel a call to BK coming on!
They look a bit light on the heat sink front don't they :eek:

Firstly, apologies for dredging this one up...

Has anyone given these a dabble yet for home use?
I wonder if BK would be up for sending one or two out for demo? (with suitable deposit or full payment etc)

Thanks

Not personally tried one, but I have e-mailed BK recently asking about them. They noted they have been used for domestic applications with favourable results, but only with the non-fan versions as they would be too loud with fans running.

I'm currently looking into using one to power a bass shaker, which could be an interesting application.

Hi mate thanks for the reply.

I will try to call BK if I get a chance later today and see what the returns policy is ...problem is I have nothing here to do a side-by-side comparison (I had some old Rotel RB's but they are gone now :()

I suppose its worth comparing them to the internal amps on my Pio.

Not personally tried one, but I have e-mailed BK recently asking about them. They noted they have been used for domestic applications with favourable results, but only with the non-fan versions as they would be too loud with fans running.

I'm currently looking into using one to power a bass shaker, which could be an interesting application.
You would be better off saving your money and buying a Behringer EP2500. Butt shakers really couldn't care less about sound quality.

Russell

You would be better off saving your money and buying a Behringer EP2500. Butt shakers really couldn't care less about sound quality.

Russell

Cast your eyes on this from this thread for the full lowdown of what I plan to do Russ. You should get a better picture then, and hopefully can give me your opinion. I plan to use something like a BK MF100 amp module, but may stretch to a 200?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom