BK Power amps?

Buckster

Distinguished Member

Phlog

Novice Member
I suspect that sound quality wasn't the prime concern. More likely the priority was something that could be belted both physically and output-wise - and not collapse in a heap.

Paul Smith

Hi,
I would expect it to sound fine,
I actually had one of the lower powered versions and it didn't do too badly.
However,
Personally I would stear clear unless you can place it in another room, due to possible fan noise :eek:,
As they tend to be noisy on these sorts of amps.

Paul.

JC74

Novice Member
Gave these a quick look awhile ago but got distracted by other things...

I wonder what sort or current these can supply? I feel a call to BK coming on!
They look a bit light on the heat sink front don't they :eek:

JC74

Novice Member
Firstly, apologies for dredging this one up...

Has anyone given these a dabble yet for home use?
I wonder if BK would be up for sending one or two out for demo? (with suitable deposit or full payment etc)

Thanks

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
Not personally tried one, but I have e-mailed BK recently asking about them. They noted they have been used for domestic applications with favourable results, but only with the non-fan versions as they would be too loud with fans running.

I'm currently looking into using one to power a bass shaker, which could be an interesting application.

JC74

Novice Member
Hi mate thanks for the reply.

I will try to call BK if I get a chance later today and see what the returns policy is ...problem is I have nothing here to do a side-by-side comparison (I had some old Rotel RB's but they are gone now :()

I suppose its worth comparing them to the internal amps on my Pio.

Member 96948

Distinguished Member
Not personally tried one, but I have e-mailed BK recently asking about them. They noted they have been used for domestic applications with favourable results, but only with the non-fan versions as they would be too loud with fans running.

I'm currently looking into using one to power a bass shaker, which could be an interesting application.
You would be better off saving your money and buying a Behringer EP2500. Butt shakers really couldn't care less about sound quality.

Russell

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
You would be better off saving your money and buying a Behringer EP2500. Butt shakers really couldn't care less about sound quality.

Russell
Cast your eyes on this from this thread for the full lowdown of what I plan to do Russ. You should get a better picture then, and hopefully can give me your opinion. I plan to use something like a BK MF100 amp module, but may stretch to a 200?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom