BK P12 PB300 PR what colour? :-)

Laubau

Established Member
Reaction score
I've finally decided on the BK P12 PB300 PR SUB which should be coming bk into stock soon. Now the dilemma is what colour? All my equipment is black but I just thought instead of a big black box I would have an all white one to blend in with the walls. My surround speakers are also white too.
Anyone with thoughts on this?

No. White is for apple shops.

I'd go for one of the wood veneer options

I've got black Oak sub with rosewood mains, grey center, black vinyl sides, cherry rears.

Well when I went through a similar dilemma some years ago (all black speakers, cabinet, tv) decided to opt for a pair of Arendal Sub 2s in white. It was in a corner with one wall black and the other white. Stood out like a mini refrigerator no matter what angle. Went back to black!

The only thing I'd have in white would be wall mounted speakers, mate had some and with whitish wall, they do disppear. If I go Atmos, I'll probably get height speakers in white. As I think 7 speakers looks ok in living room, and full Atmos looks stupid (and this is a bloke into big speakers)

Well when I went through a similar dilemma some years ago (all black speakers, cabinet, tv) decided to opt for a pair of Arendal Sub 2s in white. It was in a corner with one wall black and the other white. Stood out like a mini refrigerator no matter what angle. Went back to black!

Now you mentioned refrigerator I can't unsee it! Definitely black then thanks for that :)

I don't like walnut or beech, but cherry or red cherry, or rosewood is nice. Dark woods probably bit old fashioned.
I have mix as just whatever could find, center only available in grey, not bought new but second hand, and typically these models always been tweeter pushed in, mine aren't

I had white BK many years ago with white speakers and it was spot on with the whitish decor i had and light walls.

Below are the finishes with mask on (satin white/black):

P12-300SB-PR_White_WG_450.jpg

P12-300SB-PR_Blk_Front.jpg

I had white BK many years ago with white speakers and it was spot on with the whitish decor i had and light walls.

Below are the finishes with mask on (satin white/black):

P12-300SB-PR_White_WG_450.jpg

P12-300SB-PR_Blk_Front.jpg

They both look good with that background. Suppose the other speakers along with general decor would dictate the best option.

I got a XXLS400 after a long wait. It was Mahogany - So I just wrapped it in White. Wrap was cheap on Amazon (around ÂŁ11). Came out good. Only thing to consider if wrapping, is the Grill colour. Mine is now White with Black grill.

I got a XXLS400 after a long wait. It was Mahogany - So I just wrapped it in White. Wrap was cheap on Amazon (around ÂŁ11). Came out good. Only thing to consider if wrapping, is the Grill colour. Mine is now White with Black grill.

You should be able to get the white grill from BK if you contact them. Shouldn´t cost much. The white+white looks much better! ;)

Each to their own, Wife made me go white and now I’m liking it too ;-)

I’d love to compare the REL T9i to this BK 300 PR

Attachments

• 087FFE0E-1F3D-4B49-B58A-E75EA7E777DF.jpeg
    087FFE0E-1F3D-4B49-B58A-E75EA7E777DF.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 25C7A7ED-0A16-4A44-88D0-FFB5BD930331.jpeg
    25C7A7ED-0A16-4A44-88D0-FFB5BD930331.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 4D813F7B-1382-4547-9954-AEF1E183F27E.jpeg
    4D813F7B-1382-4547-9954-AEF1E183F27E.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 42
I've played safe and gone ahead and ordered the black, components should be back in stock soon so looking forward to hearing what this bad boy can do!:D

Glad you’ve made a decision, but take everyone’s opinion with a pinch of salt; otherwise we’d all be driving black cars or wearing the same clothes - get what YOU like ;-)

Yes very true but I also went with the black because I remembered I use to have surround speakers in white and the cloth grills turned yellow after a while.

There is truth in that. Spray bit of Flash on a cloth and white again...can do this with paint that goes cream over time too

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom