BK Monolith vs. REL T1

plasma_novice

Established Member
Reaction score
Just in the process of upgrading the lounge speakers and am pretty sure I'm going to buy the Monitor Audio Radius HD's (3x250 for fronts & 2x45 (wife!) for the rears). I demoed a couple of MA subs (R370HD & RSW-12) but was disappointed in their distinct lack of punch.

I also demoed the REL T1 and felt it was a night & day comparison to the MA subs.

My question is how does the REL T1 compare to the Monolith? Are they similar or does one stand out far above the other wrt depth & speed?

The speakers will be driven by a Yamaha AX-757-SE, although am also considering possibly upgrading this to an Onkyo 8xx or 9xx in a few months.

Cheers

I have not heard the Rel T1 or any of the BKs, but it seems that the BK XLS300 is very similar on paper to the Rel T1 (which BK keenly show on their website). I would say that the monolith goes deeper and louder than the Rel T1 although am not sure which would be faster of the two, maybe someone who's tried both can help you better there.

I have the T1 and am very happy with it. I have never heard a monolith so can not compare it unforunately. As far as I know the monolith is a lot bigger than the T1. If space/looks are not an issue then the monolith will I am sure go deeper and louder. However, The T1 is no slouch either and IMHO goes low for such a small box.

I have not heard the Rel T1 or any of the BKs, but it seems that the BK XLS300 is very similar on paper to the Rel T1 (which BK keenly show on their website). I would say that the monolith goes deeper and louder than the Rel T1 although am not sure which would be faster of the two, maybe someone who's tried both can help you better there.

The XLS and T1 are indeed fairly even competing subs that are on a similar level, even BK themselves say this, but the BK will put over £100 in your pocket :smashin:. The Monolith is another step up from both.

If the size of a Monolith isnt an issue, VFM is far above that of the REL.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom