bk monolith vs 15" sub

hardy1984

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am thing of getting either a bk monolith sub of a 15" subwoofer maybe customer build.

My question is will the Monolith go lower than a 15". Sub would?

Any advice is welcomed

Many thanks

The 15 should go lower but it will depend on what amp it is coupled with and what size box it's in and will it be sealed or ported.

The 15 should go lower but it will depend on what amp it is coupled with and what size box it's in and will it be sealed or ported.

Thanks for the reply. Is there any good 15" subs out there for around £500 already made does anyone know?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Is there any good 15" subs out there for around £500 already made does anyone know?

I think you will struggle to find any sub sporting a 15" driver for that kind of money. Im not sure if Wharfdale do one, so that might be worth a google although I couldnt give a rough price of the top of my head.

I think you will struggle to find any sub sporting a 15" driver for that kind of money. Im not sure if Wharfdale do one, so that might be worth a google although I couldnt give a rough price of the top of my head.

Misunderstood what was being said there:eek: no you will need to spend a £1000 or there about's to better the bk monolith at £500..........the diy route would be the only way that would give you more for the same £500;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure wharfdale do an sw380 which can be had for about 500 av bristol used to sell them and a few others.

Can you still buy the 380 new.

I think so i think its special order as it comes on a pallet. I did look and listen as one and it did sound great but i knew i could build better for the money.

I think so i think its special order as it comes on a pallet. I did look and listen as one and it did sound great but i knew i could build better for the money.

Out of interest what amp and sub would you use?

Thanks

It comes with its own 600w rms amp.
If you contact av bristol they might be able to help you. They sometimes have them on these ebay store to.

Yes the spec's don't look to bad really do they and the amps got the right amount of power for a good sealed sub:)

Ok any one have any ideas on an amp and sub driver for customer build? Budget £500

Thanks

Is the 500 to not include the cabinet.

Yes the cabinet will be on top

I costed my DIY sub up on my thread. All in including the materials for the cabinet, the amp and driver came to £410. :) I'm very very happy with the way it sounds too :thumbsup:

That will be over 500 the driver is like 370 so i think we need to know how big a cabinet you can go them work out a driver or dual drivers from there.

How much are the 15 and 18 in the Fi Q and also the SP4?

What about the Klipsch SW115?
(no, I am not stalking you, it was just a coincidence :laugh:)

I'm going down the DIY route now thanks everyone

Sweet, we will look forward to a build thread ;) :D

Look forward to seeing your build :) :) :)

Tread started

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom