• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BK Monolith on its way! Should I keep the Paradigm connected?

Monster

Established Member
Hi

My cinema is in my living room which is L-shaped. The part of the room that makes it an L as opposed to a rectangle is front left. Longest dimensions approx 8mx6m.

I have a BK monolith DF on order. :clap: My existing sub is a Paradigm PDR10.

I'm not sure whether to run them both or ditch the PDR10. Cosmetically I would like to remove the PDR10 but its not essential.

The PDR10 was fine at our last house which was a fairly small room (in a terrance house) but its just not up to the job in the current room (detached house)

The obvious answer is to try both or just the BK and see which is best but I would welcome peoples opinions.

Many thanks.

drummerjohn

Prominent Member
Same here - I upgraded from the PDR10 to the Monolith.

Despite the Monoliths size its pace and accurracy, with regard to music, is far better than the PDR10. Using the PDR10 with the Monolith will only muddy the waters in my opinion.

Monster

Established Member
Thanks for the tips.

Monolith is here and installed on its own. Awsome bit of kit. Feels like the Paradigm was never there and no need to run them both.

I think you are right, leaving the Paradigm connected dilutes the precision of the Monolith.

Great upgrade! :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom