BK Gemini II or BK XLS200, ordering tomorrow

phil2009

Established Member
Reaction score
Heres my specs:
Yamaha DSP-A595a amp
5x Denon SC-M50 Speakers (50watt max per speaker)
3mtr x 3mtr room & concrete floor
Mainly for games and music

Heres a pic of my room, sub will be going under the desk in the same postion as the left front speaker. Help me to decide guys?

dscf09212.jpg

Last edited:
Migrated over from OCuK I see :D

Go for the gemini, it will be plenty for your room and setup.

Agreed with Ad ..:thumbsup:

one question how many screens do you need, last time i saw this Spock was doing a questionnaire but that was with two screens ..:)

Agreed with Ad ..:thumbsup:

one question how many screens do you need, last time i saw this Spock was doing a questionnaire but that was with two screens ..:)

The 2 screens together are connected up to my pc thats on the desk and the screen on its own is connected up to my mums pc thats under the desk.

The 2 screens together are connected up to my pc thats on the desk and the screen on its own is connected up to my mums pc thats under the desk.

:D :thumbsup:

do not use the Sub as a seat for your mum ..

:D :thumbsup:

do not use the Sub as a seat for your mum ..

Bet it would make a good stool..lol

Will be ordering in a few hrs, any other opinions guys??

Ordered and at the last second I went for the xls200:thumbsup:. the guy said 7-10 days, but it will be more like 4 weeks I bet.

Ordered and at the last second I went for the xls200:thumbsup:. the guy said 7-10 days, but it will be more like 4 weeks I bet.
Great choice! I doubt very much you'll be disappointed.

Atm Im using these rubbish eltax 60watt 6" subs, and I cant get anywhere near full volume with my bookshelfs cos the subs just bottoms out. Hopefully with the xls200 I should be able to max out my bookshelfs without the sub being anywhere at full tilt?

dscf0952.jpg

Atm Im using these rubbish eltax 60watt 6" subs, and I cant get anywhere near full volume with my bookshelfs cos the subs just bottoms out. Hopefully with the xls200 I should be able to max out my bookshelfs without the sub being anywhere at full tilt?

pic yummy eltax[/QUOTE]

:eek::rotfl::rotfl:

Rofl indeed, those look more like something for a hamster to live in, than something that produces bass. Would love to see if those can even go below 80hz ;)

The xls will shock you.

:eek::rotfl::rotfl:

Rofl indeed, those look more like something for a hamster to live in, than something that produces bass. Would love to see if those can even go below 80hz ;)

The xls will shock you.

I can tell when there on, put it that way, but no idea what the go down too, specs say 45hz

To be honnest, there quite bassy but not very accuate at all, bass goes all over the place. but its strange, like there quite bassy but some things that should be quite bassy. theres not much there.lol

dscf0952.jpg

They sure take a lot of wiring dont they :rotfl:

Seriously though, and with the greatest of respect, these arent real subs. They wont even be able to go lower than decent speakers and even my speakers will frequency match what they can do but with oodles more volume and far less distortion.

The BK isnt just in another league, those 'things' shouldnt even be considered in the same category as the BK, they are more of a desktop sub thats just a mid range speakers in a ported box so they boom more. FYI, anything claiming to be a sub should use no less than a 10"driver really, with an 8" being the absolute bottom end limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
even tho there crap they make quite a diff to my bookshelfs, but just using 1 sub is quite pants,:D

To be honnest, there quite bassy but not very accuate at all, bass goes all over the place. but its strange, like there quite bassy but some things that should be quite bassy. theres not much there.lol
This is because they dont go low and dont do it very well. While they probably do hit 45hz on paper, its probably at a level where the higher bass drowns them out. Also given the small driver size they are having to work quite hard to give use able spl which leads to plenty of lovely distortion.

They will be making a difference but when the BK is up and running you'll realise most of it is in the wrong way.

I hope I'm not coming across a bit nasty because I'm really not trying to be.

I hope I'm not coming across a bit nasty because I'm really not trying to be.

No I hate these subs, Ive come from the logitech z-680 pc speakers with a nice 8" 170watt sub about 3months ago and havent had the cash for a decent sub up untill now, and I had these subs floating about. I wanted to move from pc speakers to the bookshelfs to give me more midrange sound.

Might punch the drivers in on theses subs when I get the new one, cos Ive always wanted todo that, i dont know why:D

:eek: You could not Amplify a Fart through them subs:D, what till you get the XLS200, you will be looking at the eltax subs with a frown :D

My only concerns are, when I play crysis I have it quite loud so I can hear what ppl are saying, and the bass is pretty dam heavy (mostly distorting:thumbsup:), ppl say from in the other room it sound like its thundering. so will the bass be even heavier, cos Im hoping it wont be with the new sub being more precise and not all over the place?

Like I want to try to set it up so 1 setting is great for games and music.

The bass will be more detailed, clearer and more powerful. But setup right it can be gentle power to. A lot of the time when people upgrade their subs to one that is substantially better the first reaction is one where has the bass gone. Soon enough your will realise the bass is still there, just only when its supposed to be, but when it is its so much better.

In all likely hood it will disturb the next room just the same but no more or less unless you go daft. Your experience however will be much better, your going to hear bass tones you didnt know existed in the home :D

In all likely hood it will disturb the next room just the same but no more or less unless you go daft. Your experience however will be much better, your going to hear bass tones you didnt know existed in the home :D

I would say it would disturb anyone in the next room even less as it won't be the monotone distorting boom they are used to :smashin: instead it will produce a cleaner bass that actually has some control over what it is outputting :)

Atm Im using my soundcard to control my subs not the amp, cos for the amp to control them I need to use digital connection and my soundcard has probs when connected digially

So these are the settings im using with my current subs, what do you recommend me changing when I get the new sub??

image1zfn.jpg

Last edited:
Atm Im using my soundcard to control my subs not the amp, cos for the amp to control my I need to use digital connection and my soundcard has probs when connected digially

So these are the settings im using with my current subs, what do you recommend me changing when I get the new sub??

image1zqe.jpg

untick that -15DB gain , and set crossover to 100hz then play music and adjust crossover till sub levels with speakers ..

This is after basic settings are added to the sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom