BK Electronics - measurements

ZE1

Novice Member
Just to finish this topic. I've decided for Klipsch 115.
You can translate this review into English:

Price is ubelievable in France. https://www.darty.com/nav/achat/hifi_video/enceinte_hi-fi/caisson_basses/klipsch_r115sw.html

Sub is great for music. Like driving a V8, enormous reserves. Very impressive machine in any respect. At the price it is a steal.
2 problems. It is large. In packaging looks almost like a new washing machine. It's a bit of a schock. When you unwrap it, it is ok, maybe just a bit to long. 60 cm with the grill on. The other problem is in auto mode. My Musical fidelity amplifier sends to much "signal" through pre out, when I turn it on and off, so the sub makes loud noise. It has to be turned on manually.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Just to finish this topic. I've decided for Klipsch 115.
You can translate this review into English:

Price is ubelievable in France. https://www.darty.com/nav/achat/hifi_video/enceinte_hi-fi/caisson_basses/klipsch_r115sw.html

Sub is great for music. Like driving a V8, enormous reserves. Very impressive machine in any respect. At the price it is a steal.
2 problems. It is large. In packaging looks almost like a new washing machine. It's a bit of a schock. When you unwrap it, it is ok, maybe just a bit to long. 60 cm with the grill on. The other problem is in auto mode. My Musical fidelity amplifier sends to much "signal" through pre out, when I turn it on and off, so the sub makes loud noise. It has to be turned on manually.

Nice! Back in time i wish i would have got that one cause i have read it is very enjoyable product for low cost with massive mid-bass slam. I got my R-112SW for very good price so i couldn´t say no, even that one could shook the couch big time and trousers were flapping when pushed, although it felt bit short with deeper stuff but that wasn´t such big issue. I also got good price selling it forward so all in all nothing to complain.The "fun" factor should be very high with 115, even more so than 112. That model is one of the few speaker manufacturer subs that has got praise from professional subwoofer "gurus".

ZE1

Novice Member
I'm impressed and cannot believe how cheap a great sub can be. Klipsch is a brand frowned upon in HIFI circles. After owning 5 or 6 REL subs I'm wondering why. I have never heard a 10" or 12" sealed REL that can even remotely compare to this. They sounded muddy and limited in comparison.
I'm not sure about fun factor here, I'm using it below 60Hz only and I measured it's SPL to match the speakers output. It sounds very hifi. Jazz, blues, rock, classical... it disappears. It's early days but I'm very happy with my purchase. I'm sure brands like SVS can bring more definition to the table, however 15" SVS sub does not cost 450 Eur. It is also a question if this definition is noticable while listening to music, where not much is happening below 30 Hz.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I'm impressed and cannot believe how cheap a great sub can be. Klipsch is a brand frowned upon in HIFI circles. After owning 5 or 6 REL subs I'm wondering why. I have never heard a 10" or 12" sealed REL that can even remotely compare to this. They sounded muddy and limited in comparison.
I'm not sure about fun factor here, I'm using it below 60Hz only and I measured it's SPL to match the speakers output. It sounds very hifi. Jazz, blues, rock, classical... it disappears. It's early days but I'm very happy with my purchase. I'm sure brands like SVS can bring more definition to the table, however 15" SVS sub does not cost 450 Eur. It is also a question if this definition is noticable while listening to music, where not much is happening below 30 Hz.

Oh yes i was talking more about HT perspective as i`m not a music guy like yourself. Anyway happy to hear you are impressed with it, enjoy! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom