1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BK electronics BK XL200 vs Kef 20b

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Brox, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Brox

Brox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The BK electronics XLS200 goes down to 17Hz at -6db. What does this mean at +- 3db?

How will this sub differ from my Kef 20b which goes down to 36htz at +-3db as shown on their website (although using a bass generating disk it gives good output from a 27htz signal

Will it all be worth it?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Yers - the difference between the two specs that you have quoted is quite significant.

3. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I've got one of these puppies arriving on Friday..I was mulling over the vx10 for a while (I've had a PDR10 for the past 2 years) but I didn't really like the looks..I was then seriously considering the CHT10 but was concerned about my enjoyment being dumped on by my missus who would surely have nagged me to death over it's size...so on an impulse I've been and gone and bought the BK...tell me I'm not an ass...and if there is any top tips re set up & running in I'd be glad to hear them..I'll be hooking it up to a Tosh510e & Sony 930 amp..and my fronts & rears are Kef Q1s...my fingers are crossed that I'm going to notice the difference...cheers

Berth

(Brox - sorry this isn't meant to be a thread hijack - it may generate info that would be of interest to you also):smoke:

4. Brox

Brox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply Bertha, can you be sure to let us know what the XLS200 is like when it arrives.