BK Delivery Times query

Will18

Standard Member
Just ordered a XLS200 today, and from a recent e-mail they that a sub can take up to a week to manufacture, and i was just wondering those on here that have one, how long did your take to arrive from the time you ordered it, Thanks.

I just hope i can shake of this cold I have before it comes, my ears are completly blocked, i can hardly hear a thing :rolleyes:

PJTX100

Mine took 3 days...PJ

binbag

Mine took almost 3 weeks. CC misread, most popular finish and very wayward delivery route. Well worth the wait though.

Timmy!!!

Will18 said:
Just ordered a XLS200 today, and from a recent e-mail they that a sub can take up to a week to manufacture, and i was just wondering those on here that have one, how long did your take to arrive from the time you ordered it, Thanks.
I ordered an XLS200 FF of the light oak variety on Friday (14th Oct) and I phoned up to check how long it would be - the guy said I should get it by thursday. Ill phone up on wednesday just to check up.

I haven't had any email from them. Is this normal? Will i get an email when it is dispatched?

Tim

S

Slainte

I didn't receive an email on order (IIRC, after you've placed/paid for your order, a message comes up on the web site saying that you'll only receive an email if there's a problem). But I did receive an email from Tom @ BK once the sub had been dispatched, which also gave a consignment number by which I could track its progress on the DHL website.

A

alek

At least for a couple of group buys from Finland BK has to my knowledge built the subs from scratch, which naturally takes some time. These kind of larger quantity orders might of course affect other orders too, although there are much more knowledgeable people on this forum regarding the BK production capabilities :) . But to my experience, the end products are well worth the possible wait (a great price/performance ratio with very nice finish, too).

B

badhairday

Can anyone tell me whats the sound/practical difference
between a forward or downward firing sub?

I need to place mine in a corner unfortunately....

cheers! :thumbsup:

A

alek

badhairday said:
Can anyone tell me whats the sound/practical difference
between a forward or downward firing sub?

I need to place mine in a corner unfortunately...
This is a bit off-topic, but anyway: theoretically a downward-firing woofer has a very slightly lower resonant frequency compared to forward-firing one in an identically sized box, but in practice that doesn't make much difference. Subwoofer frequencies aren't directional, so there shouldn't actually be real differences (as far as I know). Some have had concerns placing down-firing subs on less than ideal floor surfaces, but I don't know whether a forward-firing sub would make or has made a difference in those situations.

There really seems to be two schools of thought on the corner-placement of subs. Corner-loading isn't necessarily a bad idea, see here for example. Both of my subs sit in opposite corners behind my main speakers. I chose down-firing subs just because the system had to be reasonably childproof.

Timmy!!!

My XLS200 came today horrah!! I set it up after reading the instructions, and it seems very good so far - I can write a review/post loads of pics if people want?? (I have an XLS200 FF Light Oak)

The finish is fantastic, and the packagaging is top notch.

One thing i am slightly cofused over though - does this sub automatically switch off? It seems to be on all the time, and the led at the back is always red. I thought it was normal for subs to turn on when audio is played and the led goes green??

Tim

PJTX100

Timmy!!! said:
One thing i am slightly cofused over though - does this sub automatically switch off?
No, there is no auto off and to be honest I'm kinda glad it hasn't...PJ

Will18

Standard Member
Woohoo, my sub arrived at the depot at 10:30 last night, cross fingers it comes today... If so thats my weekend gone :D

Trending threads

Top Bottom