• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BK 200XLS with DF or not DF???

zakdk

Established Member
Hi to all BK 200XLS owners ,im in hte process of ordering a BK 200XLS and im a bit confused which one to choose DF or the not DF,does it make a differnce which way the sub points ???:rolleyes:

lechacal

Established Member
DF is potentially safer if you live with psychotic midgets that try and ruin everything you own with saliva-soaked fingers and rusks. You're better off with DF on a hard floor though.

zakdk

Established Member
DF is potentially safer if you live with psychotic midgets that try and ruin everything you own with saliva-soaked fingers and rusks. You're better off with DF on a hard floor though.

Hi lechacal .....what do you mean by hardfloor?
I have 22mm woodenfloor raised 15cm from the underlay concrete floor with some insulation inbetween is this considered a hard or soft floor?? :confused:

tin69

Established Member

lechacal

Established Member
I mis-typed before . The last DF should have been FF. Shan't bother editing it now.

I would have said it was a hard floor and recommended a FF sub, but I've just read another discussion in the forum where someone who appears to know what they're talking about said it really makes no difference.

I suppose it comes down to whether you think a FF is more vulnerable to damage or looks better/worse than a DF.

Zorba_8

Established Member
When I was reseaching my sub, the consensus seemed to suggest that DF produced some undesireable (reverb) results if being sat on a wooden suspended floor and FF might be more favourable.

This can be helped by sitting the sub on an isolation pad (such as the Auralex GRAMMA).

Auralex GRAMMA Isolation Riser on eBay (end time 10-Feb-10 11:19:30 GMT)

Also FF can have the direction of the driver moved more conveniently than the DF as rotating the DF will not move the direction of the driver. This is only really applicable when trying to find the best location for the sub when integrating into your setup and for room issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom