Bk 200 Xls

sneaky

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Now I have my projector and screen set up, my thoughts turn to speakers.

I have decided on the Castle Compacts which are unfortunately out of stock until the end of March, but I had considered the Galleo balls which look excellent but get a mixed reaction on the forum.

Anyway after my waffle I above(I dont get out much), I have decided on the BK200 XLS which always seems to get good right ups on the forum and for the price is a steal.

My question is does it matter which Cable I use for the sub, I have seen Mark Grants thread and he obviously recommends one of his own but what are other people using sccessfully.

Chris

Also on the BK WEPAGE it says out of stock, I think it said that a couple of months ago when I looked do they ever update the wbpage. Has anyone bought from them recently and how long does it take to come.

CHRIS

It isn't a continous production line but they seem to make them in batches as it isn't their core product. Try telephoning them and asking when the next batch will be cooked.

It's not just Mark Grant that recommends his cables as almost everyone else does too. There doesn't seem much point in accepting second best when one of his cables is only a couple of pounds more expensive than the economy stuff and far cheaper than branded cables of equivalent quality.

Cheers Ian,

After all that I have spent my evening having a look at news and reviews of the SVS stuff(never thought about buying from the USofA before). Love the look of the cylindrical subs and looking at all the stuff I have read - they get a lot of good press.

I have a 10' * 11.5' * 7.5' high room(dont know if the makes any difference) and I have been looking at the PCi range.

1) Would that be a good choice for me (I know that is subjective but any guidance would be appreciated).

2)Presumably the VAT is 17.5% of the cost price.

3)How much is the import duty??

4)Do you a shipping cost before you buy - If so presumably by emailing SVS Sales.

5)At what rate do they work out the Dollar Pound Exchange - Can you find out the £ price before you buy.

I do apologise if some of these ??'s sound daft.

Thanks

Chris

Sneaky, I've currently got a BK XLS200 and SVS have just shipped me a 20-39PCi. So I can compare them directly (plus give you a total cost, once it arrives at my doorstep).

Alex

I'm reckoning on the SVS coming to about £478 total including taxes

Alex

Cool.

Thanks Alex. Ill hang fire until you have done your stuff.

Thanks

Chris

To make life easier I set up a FAQ on buying directly from the manufacturer here

SVS will send you a shipping quote and it seems to be either $125 or $250 and I think that the airport it arrives at has a lot to do with the difference. Regretably Newcastle Airport is one of the more expensive airports.

SVS will charge your credit card in dollars and it is the credit card company that will convert the amount to sterling at the prevailing rate.

Import Duty is payable at 4.5% of the cost of the sub plus shipping and Vat is payable at 17.5% of the total as the Govenment don't miss a trick when levying taxes and duties.

Your room is quite a bit smaller than my 18 by 12 ish room and I wouldn't like to hazard a guess at how it would perform in your room. Why not email Tom Vodhanel at [email protected] with that specific question and ask for his opinion as he is very helpful and will give you a refreshingly honest answer.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom