Bjorn & Wielder anyone heard of them??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gowie77, Feb 5, 2009.

1. gowie77

gowie77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if anyone has, or has heard of these speakers? I was told by the dealer in Australia that he imports these speakers from the UK and that they are high end top quality speakers. However when I try to search for them on the internet I only find information from the website of the shop that I have been to. This is the link
    Speakers
    Any advice would be appreciated

2. Axl

Axl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,592
    Look suspiciously like white van speakers to me.

Read through this thread.

3. andy1249

andy1249
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,654
    Not only is this a very common scam its a dangerous one as well. Typically these speakers are extremely shoddily made with unstable impedance which can short out and destroy any amp you connect them too.

There is the fire risk as well.

4. ARNOLD AKIEN

ARNOLD AKIEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +347
    It looks as if this is a classical line of deception by 'passing off ' goods as being made by a well known and reputable manufacturer. In this case these people MAY be coming as close to B & W /Bowers & Wilkins as they dare and at the same time have their sales outlet sound vaguely like another high end manufacturer that has High St High End outlets .. Bang & Olufsen.

( see this as an example of a legitimate British Bang & Olufsen dealer .. Bang & Olufsen store - Welcome )

Get in touch with your local Trading Standards Office - as we call them over here - and pass on your information.

It may well be that this dealer is only just on the right side of the law and can get away with it BUT since they are legitimate dealers :) then they will have no objection to inquires will they? :rolleyes:

I congratulate you on your skepticism ... other people haven't been as sensible.

5. saxx

saxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup:Bjorn & Wielder also heard of them too. Visited the showroom myself with a friend, spent about an hour there listening to all our music from our laptop. :D Spoke to the guy there and tested some of the other products on display as well. Went through all i needed too know on the specs and what i need to run them. We then took them passed my friends place and compared them to his B & W's they sounded different but we were surprised on how they stacked up!:smashin: I'm going to be building a Home theatre room and the advise he gave has been really helpful go into the resources page of their website Resources
    My advise is to head down there with your favourite play list and make your own decision!! :D

6. Fred the Oyster

Fred the Oyster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hmmmm :rolleyes:

7. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    I smell something fishy and it's not Fred. :rolleyes:

8. eaglemmoomin

eaglemmoomin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With added Scammer postings. I'd report the bugger to the Aussie trading standards. Though probably like most of these scammers they have covered themselves.....Just about.....

9. blue max

blue max
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,315
    Imports from the UK with a name like Bjorn & Wielder :rolleyes:

Nothing shows up in Google under that name either, apart from Bang audio.

I suppose they are entitled to sell any speaker they want, so long as they don't make any false claims. I would avoid myself though.

It was good of Saxx to pop up and stand up for the shop. Hope he will be a regular contributor to the forum now. Maybe he can share some of the good advice he has received.

Graham

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  10. Bald Monkey

Bald Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,084
    Welcome to AVForums Saxx,

Have a look around there's a lot of interesting forums on here, no need for your only posts to be singing the praises of a speaker no one else has heard of. :smashin:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  11. ARNOLD AKIEN

ARNOLD AKIEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +347

Welcome to AVForums Saxx,

You said. " We then took them passed my friends place and compared them to his B & W's they sounded different but we were surprised on how they stacked up!" I take it that you bought them then ? How much did you pay?

Which B & W /Bowers & Wilkins speakers were those that you were using for comparators in your friends home ? I'd like to pass your comments on to Bowers & Wilkins in the U.K. and as much information as you can supply would be useful. For instance what was the name of 'the guy 'that you spoke with and was he the owner of the store? Did he tell you who manufactures these speakers since there appears to be no link to the manufactures on that site that you linked in your post? Manufacturers are usually keen on displaying their product line , published reviews of products and so on as well as extensive illustrations and technical specifications.

Of course any routine google search of that " Bjorn & Wielder " name will now display this thread on the avforums and so it would not be too difficult for the " Bjorn & Wielder " vendors to post their own counter to the reasonable skepticism that has appeared here and since you are certainly not such a person but rather it would seem a happy customer then you would certainly not have any problems with suppling information that could be relayed to local trading standards and also to B and W would you. Any information helps and I'm certain that B and W will be actively interested in your report. :thumbsup: :D

12. marty2005

marty2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Did Saxx pay by credit card or Western Union? What's the weather like in Nigeria?

13. Exapno

Exapno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    If you don't go for the Bjorn & Wielder speakers... I have some Bong & Oatcake speakers for sale that you might interest you :rolleyes:

14. goodbrother

goodbrother

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought some Bjorn & Wielder speakers myself. Realized I may have been had from internet reviews on AV Forums. Contacted the sellers and got my money refunded - no problems.
    Once in the showroom, listened to the quality of the sound. Very surprised at the quality of sound - it was very good.
    Almost tempted to take the speakers back home with me, but the unknown aspects of the goods made me keep my dough.
    Don't discount these speakers if you can get them at a good price - the quality is there. Go and listen for yourself - you will be surprised. In fact I don't think my house would cope, as they really put out! :lesson:

15. Neil Hawkes

Neil Hawkes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    The weather in Nigeria is wet and stormy, it is the rainy season after all.................oh I see what you're getting at.;)

16. Bald Monkey

Bald Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,084
    :suicide: Not another new poster who likes these speakers... :rolleyes:

You bought them based on this thread.. :eek: Then got your money back .. :confused: Then went to the showroom and listened to them?? and then realised they were good but decided not to keep them afterall! :confused:

I'll leave this thread as IMHO it does more good than harm :smashin: But seriously 'good price' or not I will not be going anywhere near these speakers, even with some random spam on here. :smashin:

17. ARNOLD AKIEN

ARNOLD AKIEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +347
    " Nature Notes " .... 'tis mid - July and, Hey Ninny, Bloody Noony ... Soon the little Students will be Migrating to their nesting sites at various Universities and Institutions of continuing Education and so soon we will see their Predator ' White Van ' Man Swoop down upon the so recently fledged Chicks uttering its Fearsome Cry of ' How Would You Like the Opportunity to buy these Really High Quality Speakers REALLY CHEAP ? '

Have you noticed how everything is coming into season earlier than it should?

Even ' Bjorn & Wielder ' hucksters are emerging rather earlier than they reasonably should.

I put it all down to Climate Change. :devil:

Arnold.