Bizarre Sky Offer To Stay

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, bizzare to me anyway.

My Sky TV finishes on 11th Sept but I am keeping my Sky Fibre and landline.

Received a letter this morning offering Free Sky+ HD functionality after I leave TV and Sky Unlimited Braodband for £17.40 a month. Thought I would call and check that my change is happening and what I would be left with. TV support said I would have full box functionality after the 11th but would need to talk to broadband about the £17.40 (I currently pay £21 for fibre unlimited and landline)

Called CS and they told me that the offer meant going back to copper unlimited to get Sky+ HD functionality. Why would I go backwards in technology even if it saved £4 a month to copper. 10meg instead of 36meg. What a strange "package".

Having Sky+ HD functions like pause would be nice but I'm not going to lose any sleep not having it. Eventually I'll get a Freesat if I can find a G2 box or a Freeview PVR anyway but I would have kept the Sky box if I could still have used what I've already paid for... instead of a box that half works.

I get Sky's view of this, I think its fundamentaly flawed and disables a PVR, but thats their choice. About time they dropped it. I paid for my box from Sky so just as a matter of principal its wrong to me. But there you go. My point is the strange offer if I go back in time

Sounds like a real balls up.

You will have paid a subsidised price.

I too had a bizarre conversation at the weekend about exactly the same letter, but different circumstances...

I am on copper BB unlimited at the moment, I phoned up to talk it through. They could find no trace of the letter or the offer, and said the best they could do was £28! (Letter states £17.40).

After a bit of conversation the lady went to speak to a manager then came back with £14, so I went with that. 18 month contract, £14 line rental, £0 broadband, £0 Sky+ functionality.

Just all a bit strange!

Outsourcing?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom