1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizarre problem with JVC LT-32D50 and Dual dvd player

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by spencerp, Jan 14, 2005.

1. spencerp

spencerp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some of you may have read my other thread concerning problems I was encountering with my new tv. In a nutshell it would only display a good dvd picture through the Ext 2 Scart socket, using Ext 1 resulted in a washed out green picture. In despair I tried a friends dvd player last night and lo and behold it works fine in both sockets (in both rgb and pal modes) so it seems that for some nutty reason the Dual doesn't like the Ext 1 scart socket on my tv. The only difference between the two is the Scart 2 is designed to export a signal (either from the tv or patched through one of the other inputs) to a vcr or other device, Scart 1 can only output an analogue tv picture (I think, if I understand the manual correctly). Lord knows why my Dual takes exception to this but I'm just pleased I've finally got to the bottom of it. :)

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
  3. spencerp

spencerp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Took the Dual dvd player back to Asda and got a refund. Went straight out and bought a Toshiba dvd/vcr combo and now all is well.