1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizarre intermittent signal with C4, ITV1 - Pansonic CT30

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by squiff, Oct 3, 2004.

1. squiff

squiff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a digibox - the Panasonic TU-CT30, and have been having some weird problems.

Basically, half the time C4, ITV1/2 and C5 don't work at all - just says 'bad signal'. Then other time they work fine, signal seems not a problem.

All the times I've got it good again seem to be when I disconnect and reconnect the RF stuff (to check I didn't mess it up) - it seems to work again, only to stop working later on.

I only got it today so don't know what the real pattern is. Could it be a dodgy box? I'm rather confused.

2. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got a good quality flylead (the wire from your wall socket to the freeview box)? Is it plugged into the freeview box before any VCR?

When I first got my IDTV, I had no signal on Mutliplex 2, B, C or D (ITV, CH4, CH5, Sky etc) , but replacing the flylead meant I had a perfect signal on all except C (Sky).

Removing the feed from the living room socket to the bedroom improved the signal so I now get all channels, except in very bad weather.