1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizarre delivery report backlog!?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Jordan, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Jordan

Jordan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, really hoping someone can help me here because I'm so confused!

I've got a Sharp GX30i on Vodafone PAYG. I've got the SMS delivery report switched on and it worked fine for the first few weeks from what I remember, but now I've got a weird problem.

If I send a text I get a delivery report for a message I sent to somone earlier in the day. I've sent a few messages to myself to try and work out what's happening and it appears that there's a backlog of five delivery reports.

For example:

I send a message to 'Dave', then Sarah, then Paul, then John, then Clare....and after sending the message to Clare I get a delivery report with Dave's number on!? If I was to then send a message to Mickey, I'd get a delivery report with Sarah's number on?! If I was then to send a message to Jane, I'd get a delivery report with Paul's number on....and it goes on like that!

Hope the above makes sense, anyone got any ideas what's gone wrong and how I can resolve it?

Ta,

Jordan

2. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I used to get confused with my Sharp GX10 when it came to delivery reports. If the user interface is the same then thismight be something similar?

On the GX10 you could only (as far as I ever found out) browse through delivery reports immediately after you recieved one, so if I accidentally dismissed a delivery report without deleting it, it would still be there the next time I got a delivery report. Next time one comes in, check that you have deleted ALL stored reports and then run your test again.

HTH