Bizarre Amazon Reviews

Mr Lime

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen any Amazon reviews that made your jaw drop?

I remember reading one on US Amazon by someone complaining that '2001: A Space Odyssey' had "got history all wrong" because as far as he could remember none of those things happened in the year 2001.

What? Even the 'Dawn of Man' sequence?

Here's one I stumbled on today, curious to see why anyone would give a 1 star review to 'It's A Wonderful Life'.

It's a wonderful blanked..jpg

C'mon guys. Let's see your favourite weird Amazon reviews. :)

not a review but I kept a screengrab of a gem; under Road Warrior's description they had "sponsored products related to this item" and listed Robocop, zombie flesh eaters, fight club and....moomins & the comet chase :-D

Anyone seen any Amazon reviews that made your jaw drop?

I remember reading one on US Amazon by someone complaining that '2001: A Space Odyssey' had "got history all wrong" because as far as he could remember none of those things happened in the year 2001.

What? Even the 'Dawn of Man' sequence?

Here's one I stumbled on today, curious to see why anyone would give a 1 star review to 'It's A Wonderful Life'.

View attachment 1257382

C'mon guys. Let's see your favourite weird Amazon reviews. :)
Well Space 1999 was not accurate as we still have the moon :rolleyes:

I think someone here reviewed It's A Wonderful Life saying something like George was an horrible person and mistreated his wife.

I think someone here reviewed It's A Wonderful Life saying something like George was an horrible person and mistreated his wife.

Sounds like one of these "woke" types. Always looking for something to be offended by.

I've often found when scratching the surface of "woke", one reveals dozy.

Sounds like one of these "woke" types. Always looking for something to be offended by.

I've often found when scratching the surface of "woke", one reveals dozy.
Im offended by the 'w' word myself ;)

I remember from a few years ago,can't find the review,but it was of a well known foreign movie,it said

"Me and my hubby sat down watch this movie,but couldn't understand a word of it,it was all in some sort of foreign language,well we switch it of straight away"

:D

Amazon reviews are great. The dumbest mother crunchers you will ever come across have left reviews on Amazon.

What I find most surprising is that 3 people found this review of 2001 helpful.

1582036442602.png

I don't know what a teenage genious is but this person is a master critic apparently!

1582036613104.png

There really are some class A morons out there.

What I find most surprising is that 3 people found this review of 2001 helpful.

View attachment 1259584

I don't know what a teenage genious is but this person is a master critic apparently!

View attachment 1259585

What can I say? It was one of my off days. :rotfl: Joking aside they're quite some reviews for this masterpiece which is still my most watched ever film. I can fully understand that it's not for everyone but that's ridiculous. Having said that I'm now after a copy of Mortal Combat 2 on the off chance that it actually is better than 2001.

:)
Bri

…..he's such a "genious", he can't even spell genius!

Spotted this for a CD player.

no speakers.jpg

BTW it does have a headphone socket, but then if they spotted it they complain it does not say you need headphones to listen to it. :rolleyes:

What can I say? It was one of my off days. :rotfl: Joking aside they're quite some reviews for this masterpiece which is still my most watched ever film. I can fully understand that it's not for everyone but that's ridiculous. Having said that I'm now after a copy of Mortal Combat 2 on the off chance that it actually is better than 2001.

:)
Bri
I have a DVD of it if you want to borrow? :rotfl: :thumbsup:

Great work Ray, great work

1584960224011.png

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom