1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

biwiring with my amp is impossible?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bramdo, Oct 25, 2003.

1. bramdo

bramdo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello dear fellow hi-fi addicts,

Due to a little baby in the house I can do some experiments with my current setup while the baby is asleep. I use a yamaha dspa2 with a thule 150b cd player, a s75 dvd-a player and kef reference model2 front, 100 c centre kef, kef rdm one rear, 40 b sub. I replaced the copper connections at the end of my speakers with supra ply 1.5 speaker cable which i use for all the speakers but i don't biwire since the yamaha dspa2 has the small screwing connections and doesn't accept banana plugs so 2 times 1.5 won't fit. I tried now to connect the + and - speaker cable strands in the + and - connections on the speaker with Hf. And then I tried to connect them to the LF connections on the speakers and it sounds different! When attached to the hf they sound a bit more bass light but a tad more detailed and attached to the lf they sound warmer.
    So i suppose biwiring could bring benefits but how can i solve the connection problem with the screws on the end of the yamaha because thickers cable won't fit and altough i would like to replace it i can't miss the cash now.
    Thanks

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    www.videotec.co.uk will mod your amp to use binding posts that'll accept banana plugs.

3. GaryG

GaryG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2